Can I ask for a guest review to be removed?
We know travelers find reviews useful when looking for a place to stay. That’s why we carry out an investigation before removing a review.
We remove entire reviews, including both the comments and score, if:
- The reservation is marked as a no-show
- There was an double-booking and the guest was relocated
- The guest canceled their reservation
- The property canceled the reservation on the day of check-in due to an invalid credit card
- We suspect the review isn’t authentic and may be intended to target a competitor
- We determine the guest reviewed the wrong property
- We believe the guest is using the review to attempt to blackmail the property (we need written evidence to remove a review for this reason)
We also remove comments within reviews if they’re against our guidelines. Examples include:
- Abusive language, swearing, discriminatory remarks, threats of violence, and political or religious commentary
- Promotion of illegal activities
- Contact details such as phone numbers, addresses, emails, and links to websites
In these cases, we’ll remove all the text in the review but still leave the score online.
To ask us to remove a review covered by one of these categories, contact us via the Extranet inbox, using the topic “Guest reviews.”
To find out more about who can leave a review, take a look at this article.
- 5 tips to get more guest reviews
- Where can I see my guest reviews?
- What are guest reviews and who can write one?
- Can I respond to a guest review?
- How long does a review stay on my page?
- Can I ask for a guest review to be removed?
- What order do guest reviews appear in?
- Everything you need to know about guest reviews
- All you need to know about Guest Insights
- Understanding guest feedback and the value for money score