Guest review process and conditions
Reviews are guests’ personal opinions of their experiences after staying at a property. To make the best use of reviews, you should know how the review process works and who can leave a review.
What’s in this article:
Understanding how the guest review process works
Reviews are a way for you to get valuable feedback on your property and improve the guest experience. They showcase your property’s best features and help other potential guests make booking decisions.
We send review invitation emails to guests about 48 hours after check-out. They have three months to complete their review.
Eligibility to leave a guest review
Only guests who booked stays through our platform—including no-shows and people who booked a property for family or friends—and/or stayed at your property can leave a review.
Sometimes, someone might make a reservation on behalf of a friend, family member, or colleague. In that case, the person who made the booking will receive the guest review questionnaire and can forward it to the person who stayed at the property to complete the review.
Read our policy on non-stayed reservation reviews in the content guidelines here.
Anonymous reviews on Booking.com
We allow anonymous reviews to help you get as many reviews as possible. Our experiments show that when the anonymous review option is available, guests are more likely to leave one. We know that anonymity makes it easier for guests to share feedback and highlight issues they wouldn’t mention otherwise. This also gives you greater insight into how you could make improvements. As with all other reviews, anonymous reviews are public for 36 months.
- 5 tips to get more guest reviews
- Where can I see my guest reviews?
- Responding to a guest review on Pulse
- Guest review process and conditions
- Responding to guest reviews
- How long does a review stay on my page?
- Guest review removal
- Everything you need to know about Guest Review Scores
- All you need to know about Guest Insights
- Understanding the value for money score
- Understanding external review scores
- Improving your Guest Review Score