Guest review removal
Reviews are guests’ personal opinions of their experiences after staying at a property. To make the most of reviews, you’ll have to understand how the review process works, who can leave a review, and when you can ask for a review to be removed.
In this article:
Conditions for the removal of a guest review
To guarantee the relevance and impartiality of reviews, we remove both the review and the score if:
- The guest canceled their reservation and confirmed that they didn’t arrive to the property
- The reservation isn’t canceled last-minute (24 hours prior)
- The review doesn’t detail the guest’s experience
- You canceled the booking on the planned day of check-in due to an invalid credit card.
- We determine that the guest reviewed the wrong property.
- We believe the guest is using the review to blackmail you – we need written evidence to remove a review for this reason.
If a guest checked in at your property but decided to leave before their planned check-out date—then left a review—we won’t remove their review as long as it’s relevant to both their experience at the property and the reason why they decided not to stay.
We also won’t approve any reviews that mention or refer to:
- Swear words, sexual references, hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, offensive content, or instigations to violence
- Promotion of illegal activities
- Spam or fake content
- Impersonation (e.g. reviewer is claiming to be someone else)
- Unauthorized info relating to an identified or identifiable person (e.g. social security, passport, government ID numbers, etc.)
- Off-topic text and content that doesn’t add value for other travelers or isn’t about the travel experience
In these cases, we’ll remove all the text in the review but leave the score online.
Requesting the removal of a guest review
If you’d like to speak to our team about a review, follow these steps to send us a message via the Extranet:
- Log in to the Extranet
- Click Inbox
- Select Booking.com messages
- Click See contact options
- Select Guest Reviews as the topic
- Click See all contact options
- Choose your preferred contact method
- If you chose Message, indicate the booking number and explain the issue
- 5 tips to get more guest reviews
- Where can I see my guest reviews?
- Anonymous reviews on Booking.com
- Responding to a guest review on Pulse
- What are guest reviews and who can write one?
- Can I respond to a guest review?
- How long does a review stay on my page?
- Guest review removal
- What order do guest reviews appear in?
- Everything you need to know about Guest Review Scores
- All you need to know about Guest Insights
- Understanding the value for money score
- Understanding external review scores
- All you need to know about Guest Review Scores