What are guest reviews and who can write one?
Guest reviews are subjective opinions of a guest’s experience after staying at a property.
On Booking.com, only guests who booked through us and/or stayed at your property can leave a review. So whenever a guest doesn't stay at your property, you should always let us know by marking it a no-show.
How our guest reviews work
Reviews offer a way to get valuable feedback and make your guests’ experiences even better. They showcase your property’s best features, helping to influence other potential guests to book.
We send review invitations to guests about 48 hours after check-out, and they have 3 months to complete their review.
Our reviews are 100% genuine because you get to confirm that the guest stayed at your property. We also check for bad words and verify the authenticity of all guest reviews before adding them to our site.
Naturally, reviews are based on guests’ subjective opinions. To remain unbiased, we only remove reviews if they're deemed irrelevant or against our policies, which require reviews to be genuine, unique, appropriate for a global audience, travel-related, and respectful to the privacy of others.
To respect our customers’ privacy, we give them the option to leave an anonymous review. If a guest decides to leave an anonymous review, it's Booking.com’s responsibility to protect their privacy, so we’re not able to share any details about those guests.
Booking.com customers can make reservations on behalf of a friend, family member, or colleague. The person who made the booking receives the guest review questionnaire, and they can forward it to the person who actually stayed at the property to complete the review.
We always keep an eye out for fraudulent behavior and constantly make sure that our reviews are genuine and reliable. If you want to speak to the Booking.com team regarding a review, send us a message through your Inbox, selecting Guest Reviews as the subject.
You can find out more about requesting the removal of certain reviews in this article.
- 5 tips to get more guest reviews
- Where can I see my guest reviews?
- Anonymous reviews on Booking.com
- Responding to a guest review on Pulse
- What are guest reviews and who can write one?
- Can I respond to a guest review?
- How long does a review stay on my page?
- Can I ask for a guest review to be removed?
- What order do guest reviews appear in?
- Everything you need to know about guest reviews
- All you need to know about Guest Insights
- Understanding the value for money score
- Understanding external review scores
- All you need to know about Guest Review Scores