Issue with phone numbers

We’re currently experiencing technical difficulties with our phone system. Contact us through the Extranet inbox for support. We're working hard to fix this and apologize for the inconvenience.

Why do I need to complete a Know Your Partner (KYP) form?

Updated 1 year ago

Why is asking me to complete a Know Your Partner (KYP) form?

We’re asking you to give us certain details to comply with various legal and regulatory requirements.

This verification process is the same for all accommodation partners, even if you only occasionally rent out your property privately. If so, just select I run my business as an individual on the KYP form and the remaining questions will be adjusted accordingly.

If you manage multiple properties on, from 2020 onwards you’ll need to follow a slightly different process. We’ll provide you with all the details in advance so you can familiarize yourself with the requirements. If you received the old KYP form, you don’t need to complete it and can instead complete the new process when that begins.

The KYP form isn't a new procedure – just the new name for the account verification form.

How does use this info?

Using secure channels, we pass your info to a third-party provider who helps us validate it against various data sources. This interaction between and the third party is fully compliant with privacy regulations.

How often does the account verification process happen?

Every year, we’ll ask you to confirm that the info you submitted is still correct. You’ll also get to update any details that might have changed.

How can I edit my info?

To re-submit the form, contact your local support team.

Here’s an explanation of the terms in the form:

"Business entity"

An entity that is formed and administered following corporate law, which engages in business activities, charitable work, or other permitted activities. Business entities are usually formed to sell a product or a service, e.g. corporations, partnerships, trusts, and NGOs.


A natural person (i.e. someone who has their own legal identity) who is an individual human being and not formed or administered following corporate law.

"Legal name of property"

The official name of the property as used on official registration documents.

"Ultimate legal owner of the property"

The ultimate legal owner is the individual who ultimately owns the property. If an individual person owns the property legally, they are the ultimate legal owner. If a company owns the property, the person who owns the company is the ultimate owner. The ultimate owner is the person who is ultimately at the top of the ownership structure. 

"Full name of owner/Full name of owner of management company"

The ultimate beneficial owner. If a company owns the property/management company, we need the full legal name of the company.

If the property/management company is owned by an individual, then we'll need the full legal name of that individual.

"Different name"

Some companies operate under a name that's different from the registered, legal name of the business. This could be a trade name, trading name, or business name.

"Type of manager – property manager"

A person (or people) responsible for the day-to-day operations of the property. This can include managing employees and planning, marketing, coordinating, and administering hotel services, including catering and accommodation facilities.

"Type of manager – management company"

A management company manages the daily operations of a hotel, either for an incentive fee, a base fee, or a cut of the gross revenue. They typically function as third-party operators, providing day-to-day management services as well as support in accounting, sales and marketing, food and beverage, human resources, auditing, revenue management, etc.

"Government officials/agencies"

This includes individuals like a Head of State, an elected member of government, or a senior employee of a government or legislative body, as well as departments, agencies, or legislative bodies established by governments.


Where an entity is wholly owned or controlled (i.e. through more than 50% ownership) by a government body or government official.


If a property is owned by multiple people or companies, we require the legal name of the company or individual whose ownership exceeds 20%.

Is this article helpful?