Why you need to complete the Know Your Partner (KYP) form

Updated 2 months ago | 5 min read

We use the KYP form to collect specific data from all EU partners to comply with various legal and regulatory requirements.

In this article:

Why you need to complete the Know Your Partner (KYP) form

To comply with legal and regulatory requirements, we must collect specific information from our accommodation partners. To make it easy for you to share your details, we collect all necessary information in one form – the KYP form.

This process is the same for all accommodation partners, even if you only occasionally rent out your accommodation privately. If so, state in the form that you run your business as an individual and the relevant questions will be displayed.

The location of your property can also impact the details you need to provide, as some laws and regulations are country-specific.

How we use this information

Using secure channels, we pass on your information to a third-party provider who assists us in validating it against various data sources. This interaction between us and the third party fully complies with privacy regulations.

If your property is in a country with regulations that require us to share data with governing bodies, we’ll share this data in a way that is fully compliant with privacy regulations.

How to access and submit your KYP form

  1. Log in to the Extranet 
  2. Click the KYP banner to access the form
  3. Provide all the required information
  4. Save and submit the form

How to edit your KYP form

To edit and resubmit your KYP form, contact your local support team.

Glossary of verification process terms

A list of terms used during the verification process:

  • Individual – a “natural person” (in legal meaning, i.e. one with their own legal personality) who is an individual human being and isn’t formed and administered as per corporate law.
  • Business entity – an entity formed and administered as per corporate law that engages in business activities, charitable work, or other permitted activities. Business entities are usually formed to sell a product or a service – e.g. corporations, partnerships, trusts, and NGOs.
  • Legal name of accommodation – the official legal name of the property as used on official registration documents.
  • Property owner – the legal owner is the individual or business entity who owns the property. If an individual owns the property legally, they are the legal owner. If a company owns the property, the person who owns this company is the ultimate beneficial owner.
  • Property manager – a person (or persons) responsible for the property's day-to-day operations (type of manager). This can include managing employees and planning, marketing, coordinating, and administering hotel services, such as catering and accommodation facilities.
  • Management company – a management company manages the daily operations of a hotel, either for an incentive fee, a base fee, or a cut of the gross revenue (type of manager). They typically function as third-party operators, providing day-to-day management services and support in accounting, sales and marketing, food and beverage, human resources, auditing, revenue management, etc.
  • Government officials or government agencies – this includes individuals such as a Head of State, an elected member of government, or a senior employee of a government or legislative body, as well as departments, agencies, or legislative bodies established by governments.
  • Government-owned – where an entity is wholly owned or controlled (i.e. through more than 50% ownership) by a government body or government official.

Is this article helpful?