My property is under new ownership. What should I do?
If your property is undergoing a change of ownership, follow these steps below:
Step 1 (if you’re the existing owner):
You can get in touch with us via the inbox on the Extranet. Just make sure you include the following info:
- Date the new owners will take over.
- Their name and email address.
- New owner`s telephone contact numbers.
We’ll contact both you and the new owners confirming that we’re aware of the upcoming change.
If you are the new owner:
You’ll get a link to fill out the following info:
- Financial details, including invoicing info, and your VAT number. IBAN numbers are required if you’re in a SEPA (Single Euro Payments Area) country.
- Fill out your details (phone and email address), then read and agree to our terms and conditions.
- This will be sent to our Credit Control Team to review. Once you get confirmation of your new contract, you’ll also be sent a copy of our terms and conditions.
- A second email will include a link to set up your password so you can access the Booking.com system.
The info we highlighted above is essential for our Credit Control Team to be able to set up the new contract. Without this info, we won’t be able to create the new agreement.
For non-SEPA countries, we’ll request a direct debit agreement to be set up.
Legal & Security
- Online security awareness: social engineering
- Online security awareness: Phishing
- Preventing unauthorized use of your account
- Securing your account
- Requirements and regulations for surveillance devices
- Digital event security standards
- Guidelines for room key access
- Keeping your property clean and sanitary
- Equipping your home property with safety devices, safety kits, and emergency plans
- Protecting your home property with security devices
- Partner Liability Insurance
- Identifying and acting on potential human trafficking of refugees from Ukraine
- Report a security issue
- Online security awareness: Malware
- All about our messaging security settings
- Why you need to complete the Know Your Partner (KYP) form
- How do I remove a property or end my partnership with Booking.com?
- My property is under new ownership. What should I do?
- Our animal welfare standards
- Where can I find my General Delivery Terms (GDT)?
- Complying with European Union consumer law
- Mandatory host type (professional/private) assessment
- How does parity work?
- Offer transparency and clarity through simpler policies
- Our Supplier Code of Conduct
- Understanding Force Majeure
- Handling emergency closures
- VAT and tax withholding legislation in Mexico
- Understanding short-term rentals
- Short-term rentals: FAQs
- DAC7: FAQs
- Everything you need to know about DAC7
- Non-discrimination guidelines when accepting or declining a booking request
- Laws and regulations for short-term rentals in Asia-Pacific
- Laws and regulations for short-term rentals in North America
- Short-term rental license requirements in New York City
- Everything you need to know about the Digital Services Act (DSA)
- Accommodation Agreement and General Delivery Terms