The guest hasn’t paid the deposit/pre-payment. Can I cancel the booking?
If you accept card payments:
If the guest’s card can’t be charged, you can let us know by following these steps:
- Click on the Reservations tab on the Extranet and select the booking.
- Click on the reservation number and select Mark credit card as invalid on the right-hand side of the page (under Update this reservation) and enter the last four digits of the customer’s credit card.
- The guest will automatically receive an email requesting new card details within 24 hours.
- If you don’t receive new credit card details within this time, you can cancel the booking on the Reservations Details page.
If you don’t accept card payments:
The guest will pay by bank transfer, so you’ll need to send these details to the guest.
If you haven’t received payment from the guest, get in touch with our Customer Service Team by calling the dedicated phone number* found in your Extranet Inbox and pressing 1.
*These phone lines are only available to current partners of Booking.com, which is why we share them privately.
Guest Policies & Payments
- How do I set up "no credit card needed" on my most flexible rate?
- Can I set up the same policies for all of my properties all at once?
- How do I attach a new cancellation policy to a rate?
- How can I set up a grace period?
- How can I change the breakfast type?
- How to waive fees with the Cancellation Fee Exceptions tool
- No credit card details for domestic bookers
- Managing my services charges
- Last-minute bookings without credit cards
- How can I update my property's WiFi internet settings on the Extranet?
- How can I make changes to my property's settings?
- Why are there restrictions for setting up policies?
- Can I change or add policies myself?
- What types of policies can I set up?
- How to set up policies, rooms, rates, and facilities for children
- How can I change cancellation policies?
- Making changes to your parking policies
- How do I set up "no credit card details for domestic bookers"?
- How do I handle property damage by guests?
- How can I view guest credit card details using Pulse?
- Do I provide guests with invoices?
- How can I access guest credit card details?
- How do I set up pre-authorization for guests' credit cards?
- How can I set up a damage deposit?
- How do I mark a credit card as invalid?
- How do I change my payment preferences and which credit cards I accept?
- How do I make changes to deposit and pre-payment information?
- I want to set up a prepayment deposit. How can I do this?
- How do I handle guest payments?
- The guest hasn’t paid the deposit/pre-payment. Can I cancel the booking?
- What is Strong Customer Authentication?
- Can I charge credit card and/or payment fees on bookings I receive through Booking.com?
- Can I mark credit cards as invalid in Pulse?
- Introducing payment solutions from Booking.com
- Payments: FAQs and all you need to know
- How do I join Payments by Booking.com?
- How much does using Payments by Booking.com cost?
- What to know about virtual credit cards (VCCs)
- Temporary changes for virtual credit card activation date (VCC)
- How and when do I refund a virtual credit card (VCC) ?
- Cost savings and earlier activation dates for virtual credit cards