How can I access guest credit card details?
To access a guest's credit card details, just follow these steps:
- Log on to the Extranet and select the Reservations tab.
- Click the relevant guest name or reservation number.
- Select View credit card details on the right-hand side of the page.
Remember: Each guest's credit card details can only be viewed 3 times, for up to 10 days after the check-out date. If the booking is canceled, credit card details are available for up to 10 days after the cancellation date.
If needed, you can call us to enable the View CVC feature. Keep in mind that, for security reasons, we can only show a CVC code once.
There are 2 scenarios where you might not be able to view guests' credit card details:
1. If you’re a new partner and your property hasn’t been verified, you won’t be able to view guests’ credit card details until our team completes the verification process.
- Booking.com will validate the credit card for you, then you charge the guest on the check-in date.
- If a guest cancels a non-refundable reservation or is a no-show, you’ll be able to view their credit card details up to 3 times, starting 2 weeks prior to check-in and up to 10 days after check-out.
- You can learn more about this temporary restriction in this article.
2. If your web browser is out of date and not secure enough to view sensitive guest info.
- To keep seeing guests’ credit card details on the Extranet, update your browser. This will help keep guest info safe and secure.
- Make sure you’re using one of the latest web browsers (e.g. Chrome, Firefox, Edge or Safari) and a recent operating system (e.g. Windows 7, OS X).
- Any connection using a browser that isn't secure and updated will be blocked.
Guest Policies & Payments
- How do I set up "no credit card needed" on my most flexible rate?
- Can I set up the same policies for all of my properties all at once?
- How do I attach a new cancellation policy to a rate?
- How can I set up a grace period?
- How can I change the breakfast type?
- How to waive fees with the Cancellation Fee Exceptions tool
- No credit card details for domestic bookers
- Managing my services charges
- Last-minute bookings without credit cards
- How can I update my property's WiFi internet settings on the Extranet?
- How can I make changes to my property's settings?
- Why are there restrictions for setting up policies?
- Can I change or add policies myself?
- What types of policies can I set up?
- How to set up policies, rooms, rates, and facilities for children
- How can I change cancellation policies?
- Making changes to your parking policies
- How do I set up "no credit card details for domestic bookers"?
- How do I handle property damage by guests?
- How can I view guest credit card details using Pulse?
- Do I provide guests with invoices?
- How can I access guest credit card details?
- How do I set up pre-authorization for guests' credit cards?
- How can I set up a damage deposit?
- How do I mark a credit card as invalid?
- How do I change my payment preferences and which credit cards I accept?
- How do I make changes to deposit and pre-payment information?
- I want to set up a prepayment deposit. How can I do this?
- How do I handle guest payments?
- The guest hasn’t paid the deposit/pre-payment. Can I cancel the booking?
- What is Strong Customer Authentication?
- Can I charge credit card and/or payment fees on bookings I receive through Booking.com?
- Can I mark credit cards as invalid in Pulse?
- Introducing payment solutions from Booking.com
- Payments: FAQs and all you need to know
- How do I join Payments by Booking.com?
- How much does using Payments by Booking.com cost?
- What to know about virtual credit cards (VCCs)
- Temporary changes for virtual credit card activation date (VCC)
- How and when do I refund a virtual credit card (VCC) ?
- Cost savings and earlier activation dates for virtual credit cards
- Card validation and fee collection solution
- Card validation and fee collection solution for connected partners