How can I set up a damage deposit?
A damage deposit is a set amount that a guest pays either before or on arrival, which is refunded if there's no damage to the property.
Booking.com cannot collect damage deposit payments from guests on your behalf. Instead, you need to arrange this directly with guests according to your house rules.
Note: You can no longer share info about damage deposits in The Fine Print section of your profile.
To set up your damage deposit, just follow the steps below:
- Log on to the Extranet and select the Property tab.
- Click on Policies, scroll down to Additional Fees & Charges and click on Change/Add details.
- A pop-up window will appear where you can make changes.
- Click Save at the bottom of the page when you’re done.
Remember: A damage deposit is fully refundable and is subject to a damage inspection of the property.
Guest Policies & Payments
- How do I set up "no credit card needed" on my most flexible rate?
- Can I set up the same policies for all of my properties all at once?
- How do I attach a new cancellation policy to a rate?
- How can I set up a grace period?
- How can I change the breakfast type?
- How to waive fees with the Cancellation Fee Exceptions tool
- No credit card details for domestic bookers
- Managing my services charges
- Last-minute bookings without credit cards
- How can I update my property's WiFi internet settings on the Extranet?
- How can I make changes to my property's settings?
- Why are there restrictions for setting up policies?
- Can I change or add policies myself?
- What types of policies can I set up?
- How to set up policies, rooms, rates, and facilities for children
- How can I change cancellation policies?
- Making changes to your parking policies
- How do I set up "no credit card details for domestic bookers"?
- How do I handle property damage by guests?
- How can I view guest credit card details using Pulse?
- Do I provide guests with invoices?
- How can I access guest credit card details?
- How do I set up pre-authorization for guests' credit cards?
- How can I set up a damage deposit?
- How do I mark a credit card as invalid?
- How do I change my payment preferences and which credit cards I accept?
- How do I make changes to deposit and pre-payment information?
- I want to set up a prepayment deposit. How can I do this?
- How do I handle guest payments?
- The guest hasn’t paid the deposit/pre-payment. Can I cancel the booking?
- What is Strong Customer Authentication?
- Can I charge credit card and/or payment fees on bookings I receive through Booking.com?
- Can I mark credit cards as invalid in Pulse?
- Introducing payment solutions from Booking.com
- Payments: FAQs and all you need to know
- How do I join Payments by Booking.com?
- How much does using Payments by Booking.com cost?
- What to know about virtual credit cards (VCCs)
- Temporary changes for virtual credit card activation date (VCC)
- How and when do I refund a virtual credit card (VCC) ?
- Cost savings and earlier activation dates for virtual credit cards