I want to set up a prepayment deposit. How can I do this?
Not to be confused with a damage deposit or credit card pre-authorization, a prepayment deposit is when you charge a guest for their reservation in advance.
If you accept credit cards, you can charge a prepayment on the card the guest booked with. You can either charge the full amount or just a portion, but the final amount should be the same as the one listed on the booking confirmation.
How to set up a prepayment deposit:
- Click the Property tab, then Policies.
- Under Cancellation & Prepayment Policies, click Edit to update an existing policy or select Create a new cancellation policy.
If you don’t accept credit cards but want to charge a prepayment deposit, you’ll need to contact the guest to arrange payment. To keep things simple, decide on a payment deadline and inform the guest – you can even set up a message template to save yourself time.
You could also set up a cancellation policy where guests pay a set percentage if they cancel after a certain date. That way you don’t have to worry about returning money to all the guests who do stay – plus your property could be even more appealing to other potential guests who don't want to pay anything up front.
You can set up a range of cancellation policies – all of which give you control over how much your guests pay, and when.
Note: If you just recently became a Booking.com partner, there might be a temporary restriction on prepayments for your property.
Guest Policies & Payments
- Setting up no-credit card details on your most flexible rate
- Can I set up the same policies for all of my properties all at once?
- How can I set up a grace period?
- How can I change the breakfast type?
- No credit card details for domestic bookers
- Managing my services charges
- Last-minute bookings without credit cards
- Updating your internet, pets, and parking policies
- Why are there restrictions for setting up policies?
- Setting up or changing your property’s policies
- Setting up standard children rates
- Setting up cancellation policies
- Making changes to your parking policies
- How do I set up "no credit card details for domestic bookers"?
- How do I handle property damage by guests?
- Viewing guests’ credit card details on Pulse
- Do I supply guests with invoices?
- How can I access guest credit card details?
- How do I set up pre-authorization for guests' credit cards?
- Everything you need to know about damage policy options
- Handling invalid credit cards
- How do I change my payment preferences and which credit cards I accept?
- How do I make changes to deposit and pre-payment information?
- I want to set up a prepayment deposit. How can I do this?
- How do I handle guest payments?
- The guest hasn't paid the deposit/pre-payment. Can I cancel the booking?
- What is Strong Customer Authentication?
- Can I charge credit card and/or payment fees on bookings I receive through Booking.com?
- Can I mark credit cards as invalid in Pulse?
- How to check the status of a damage payment request
- Understanding the new cash payment feature in your Guest Payment Options
- Introducing payment services from Booking.com
- Payments: FAQs
- Understanding Payments by Booking.com
- How much Payments by Booking.com costs
- Everything you need to know about virtual credit cards
- Refunding virtual credit cards (VCCs)
- Understanding when your virtual credit cards are activated
- Card validation and fee collection solution
- Card validation and fee collection solution for connected partners
- US Payments Ranking Benefit: How extra visibility in search results works for US properties using Online Payments
- Payments FAQs for property management companies in the US
- TEMPLATE: EXAMPLE FAQ/ACCORDIONS W/ TABLE OF CONTENTS