Viewing guests’ credit card details on Pulse
If you have admin privileges for your property, you can view the credit card info that was used as payment for reservations at that property on the Pulse app. The same applies if a guest pays for their booking using virtual credit cards.
In this article
Viewing your guests’ credit card details
To view your guests’ credit card details on Pulse, follow these steps:
- Open and log in to your Pulse app
- Tap a reservation under the Home tab or go to Bookings and select a reservation
- Scroll down to the Payment – credit card section and tap View credit card details
- Enter your log-in name and password – this is the same info you use to log in to the Extranet
- Check your guests’ credit card details
Always keep your guests’ credit card data safe. Never take screenshots or write their details down. The most secure way to handle credit card details is by only viewing them when charging or pre-authorizing a card.
Reviewing who has access rights
Only account users with admin rights can view credit card details. If other staff members in your business have roles that require them to see this info, make sure to adjust their permissions on the Extranet or add them as new users to your account. Any account settings you change on the Extranet are automatically reflected on Pulse.
Security standards on Pulse
Booking.com complies with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS). The Pulse app is built with the same security measures as the Extranet, so you can rest assured your guests’ data is protected.
If you use Pulse on an iOS device, you can increase security even more by logging in to the app, going to the More tab, and setting up a Touch ID and passcode. This way, only those with a valid passcode and fingerprint can access the Pulse app.
Rules for viewing credit card details
You can access credit card details on the Extranet up to three times in total and for up to 10 days after their check-out date. This rule applies to the Extranet and Pulse.
For canceled bookings, the credit card details will be available for up to 10 days after the cancellation date. For security reasons, you’ll only be able to see the CVC code once when you first view the credit card data.
Depending on the policies and payment methods you’ve set up, not all guests may pay with credit cards. As a result, you might not always have access to this info.
Guest Policies & Payments
- Setting up no-credit card details on your most flexible rate
- Can I set up the same policies for all of my properties all at once?
- How can I set up a grace period?
- How can I change the breakfast type?
- No credit card details for domestic bookers
- Managing my services charges
- Last-minute bookings without credit cards
- How can I update my property's WiFi internet settings on the Extranet?
- How can I make changes to my property's settings?
- Why are there restrictions for setting up policies?
- Can I change or add policies myself?
- What types of policies can I set up?
- How to set up standard children rates
- Setting up cancellation policies
- Making changes to your parking policies
- How do I set up "no credit card details for domestic bookers"?
- How do I handle property damage by guests?
- Viewing guests’ credit card details on Pulse
- Do I supply guests with invoices?
- How can I access guest credit card details?
- How do I set up pre-authorization for guests' credit cards?
- How can I set up a damage deposit?
- How do I mark a credit card as invalid?
- How do I change my payment preferences and which credit cards I accept?
- How do I make changes to deposit and pre-payment information?
- I want to set up a prepayment deposit. How can I do this?
- How do I handle guest payments?
- The guest hasn't paid the deposit/pre-payment. Can I cancel the booking?
- What is Strong Customer Authentication?
- Can I charge credit card and/or payment fees on bookings I receive through Booking.com?
- Can I mark credit cards as invalid in Pulse?
- How to check the status of a damage payment request
- Introducing payment solutions from Booking.com
- Payments: FAQs
- How do I join Payments by Booking.com?
- How much does it cost to use Payments by Booking.com?
- Everything you need to know about virtual credit cards (VCCs)
- Refunding virtual credit cards (VCCs)
- Cost savings and earlier activation dates for virtual credit cards
- Card validation and fee collection solution
- Card validation and fee collection solution for connected partners
- US Payments Ranking Benefit: How extra visibility in search results works for US properties using Online Payments
- Payments FAQ: US Home Property Management Companies