Our research shows that guests are most likely to cancel accidental bookings within 24 hours – in fact, 25% of all cancellation requests are made within this period. Even in the case of non-refundable bookings, guests might still call or email to request free cancellation.
To save time handling these cancellations, we’ve created the Cancellation Fee Exceptions tool that lets you pre-approve waived fees for these common cancellations. This means they’ll be processed quickly and your rooms will go back on sale right away.
Selecting your preferred time frame between booking and cancellation will determine which bookings are eligible.
Your calendar will be updated immediately and the rooms will be put back on sale.
To enable this opportunity, visit the Opportunity Center, find the opportunity, then click Action.
If you don't see this option in your Opportunity Center, just follow these steps:
- Log in to the Extranet and click the Property tab.
- Select Policies.
- Under Cancellations and prepayment policies, click Change/Add details for the policy you want to make an exception to.
- Check Yes to the question: Is there a period when the guest can cancel free of charge?
- Specify the conditions that will apply.
- Remember to click Save when you're done.