Card validation and fee collection solution
Guests who pay for their booking at your property instead of online on our platform need to provide their credit card details at the time of booking. These need to be validated, and the risk associated with the process needs to be managed. Our credit card validation and cancellation fee collection solution can help reduce this workload.
What's in this article
How the solution works
This solution takes care of validating guests’ credit cards, charging cancellation or no-show fees, and taking liability for any chargebacks, with the ultimate goal of establishing strong customer authentication. There’s no extra fee associated with this solution.
Here’s how the solution works:
We’ll validate credit cards whenever guests book your flexible no-prepayment policies. Guests pay you directly when they arrive at your property.
We take care of securely storing credit card details instead of sending them to you.
If a guest cancels or doesn’t show up, we’ll charge the guest and collect the cancellation and no-show fees on your behalf.
To increase the success rate of fee collection, no-shows must be marked within 4 days of check-in.
Once we collect the fee, we’ll pay it to you via virtual credit card. If your preferred payout method is bank transfer, we’ll send the amount by bank transfer in the same cycle as your normal payout process.
You won’t be charged any commission if fee collection isn’t successful.
How the solution benefits you
You’ll reduce your processes because you won’t need to validate or pre-authorize guest credit cards, or collect cancellation/no-show fees.
Because guest credit cards are validated during the free cancellation period, the risk associated with invalid credit cards is reduced.
We take on the risks of chargebacks resulting from cancellation or no-show fee collection, and waive commission on any fees that can’t be collected.
We take care of information security so you don’t need to worry about storing guest credit card details securely or complying with SCA standards.
Guest Policies & Payments
- Allowing guests to book without credit card details
- Can I set up the same policies for all of my properties all at once?
- How can I set up a grace period?
- How can I change the breakfast type?
- No credit card details for domestic bookers
- Managing my services charges
- Last-minute bookings without credit cards
- Updating your internet, pets, and parking policies
- Why are there restrictions for setting up policies?
- Setting up or changing your property’s policies
- Setting up cancellation policies
- Making changes to your parking policies
- How do I set up "no credit card details for domestic bookers"?
- How do I handle property damage by guests?
- Viewing guests’ credit card details on Pulse
- Do I supply guests with invoices?
- Accessing guests’ credit card details
- How do I set up pre-authorization for guests' credit cards?
- Everything you need to know about damage policy options
- Handling invalid credit cards
- How do I change my payment preferences and which credit cards I accept?
- How do I make changes to deposit and pre-payment information?
- Setting up a prepayment policy
- How do I handle guest payments?
- The guest hasn't paid the deposit/pre-payment. Can I cancel the booking?
- What is Strong Customer Authentication?
- Can I charge credit card and/or payment fees on bookings I receive through Booking.com?
- Can I mark credit cards as invalid in Pulse?
- How to check the status of a damage payment request
- Understanding the new cash payment feature in your Guest Payment Options
- Introducing payment services from Booking.com
- Payments: FAQs
- Understanding Payments by Booking.com
- How much Payments by Booking.com costs
- Everything you need to know about virtual credit cards
- Refunding virtual credit cards (VCCs)
- Understanding when your virtual credit cards are activated
- Card validation and fee collection solution
- Card validation and fee collection solution for connected partners
- US Payments Ranking Benefit: How extra visibility in search results works for US properties using Payments by Booking.com
- Payments FAQs for property management companies in the US and Canada