How do I join Payments by Booking.com?
Payments by Booking.com is a payments solution where Booking.com facilitates all guest payments for you according to the policies you’ve selected. You’ll receive guaranteed payouts by bank transfer for all your reservations (depending on your property’s reservations policies).
Starting June 1, 2019, there will be a charge for Payments by Booking.com. This is to cover the costs associated with facilitating payments on our partners’ behalf and is applicable to EEA countries (plus Switzerland).
How do I know if my property is eligible or already active on Payments by Booking.com?
To see if your property is already active on Payments by Booking and for more info on associated costs, log in to the Extranet and click on the "Finance" tab.
If you see the "Getting paid" page in the drop-down menu, you're currently active and can find more info about this service.
If you see the "Payments by Booking.com" page, you're eligible but not yet active, and can activate the service at the bottom of the page.
If you don’t see either the "Getting paid" or the "Payments by Booking.com" pages in the drop-down menu, your property isn’t active or eligible for this service.
What should I do if my property doesn’t have Payments by Booking.com?
If you’re not part of Payments by Booking.com, you’ll have to continue managing your guests’ payments yourself. It’s important to have your payment preferences configured correctly. For tips on setting your preferences, check out this article.
If you accept credit cards, you can either charge the guest before arrival or at check-in/-out, depending on the policy they booked under.
If you don’t accept credit cards, the guest will pay on arrival or departure in your local currency. If you want to charge a prepayment deposit or a damage deposit, you need to contact the guest to arrange the payment. To keep things simple, decide on a payment deadline and let guests know about it.
Guest Policies & Payments
- How do I set up "no credit card needed" on my most flexible rate?
- Can I set up the same policies for all of my properties all at once?
- How do I attach a new cancellation policy to a rate?
- How can I set up a grace period?
- How can I change the breakfast type?
- How to waive fees with the Cancellation Fee Exceptions tool
- No credit card details for domestic bookers
- Managing my services charges
- Last-minute bookings without credit cards
- How can I update my property's WiFi internet settings on the Extranet?
- How can I make changes to my property's settings?
- Why are there restrictions for setting up policies?
- Can I change or add policies myself?
- What types of policies can I set up?
- How to set up policies, rooms, rates, and facilities for children
- How can I change cancellation policies?
- Making changes to your parking policies
- How do I set up "no credit card details for domestic bookers"?
- How do I handle property damage by guests?
- How can I view guest credit card details using Pulse?
- Do I provide guests with invoices?
- How can I access guest credit card details?
- How do I set up pre-authorization for guests' credit cards?
- How can I set up a damage deposit?
- How do I mark a credit card as invalid?
- How do I change my payment preferences and which credit cards I accept?
- How do I make changes to deposit and pre-payment information?
- I want to set up a prepayment deposit. How can I do this?
- How do I handle guest payments?
- The guest hasn’t paid the deposit/pre-payment. Can I cancel the booking?
- What is Strong Customer Authentication?
- Can I charge credit card and/or payment fees on bookings I receive through Booking.com?
- Can I mark credit cards as invalid in Pulse?
- Introducing payment solutions from Booking.com
- Payments: FAQs and all you need to know
- How do I join Payments by Booking.com?
- How much does using Payments by Booking.com cost?
- What to know about virtual credit cards (VCCs)
- Temporary changes for virtual credit card activation date (VCC)
- How and when do I refund a virtual credit card (VCC) ?
- Cost savings and earlier activation dates for virtual credit cards