How much Payments by Booking.com costs
Payments by Booking.com is a payment solution that enables us to facilitate all of your guests’ payments to you, and to pay them out via virtual credit card or bank transfer. This solution can help you get more bookings, reduce the risk of fraud, and save time on admin. Payments by Booking.com also offers more security and payments guaranteed for non-refundable bookings, as well as with Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) protection provided for transactions in the European Economic Area and UK.
How much you pay depends on your payout method and where your property is located, since processing fees differ per country.
In this article:
Payments by Booking.com cost overview
You don’t need to pay a set-up fee or additional commission to join Payments by Booking.com. We charge a fee for bookings you receive from us, and this fee depends on the payout method you select – virtual credit card or bank transfer.
You’ll only be charged for completed bookings. No fees are collected when you waive a fee to offer guests free cancellation.
Costs for virtual credit card payouts
The cost for receiving a payout via virtual credit card replaces the fee you’d pay to your credit card company for charging guests directly. Most payment service providers also charge fees per transaction. This payment now goes toward charging the virtual credit card per reservation instead.
When using a virtual credit card, you receive your payouts according to your booking’s policy. You can find more info on these policies on the Extranet.
Costs for bank transfer payouts
When you receive a payout by bank transfer for the value of a reservation, you’ll be charged a fee that consists of payment processing costs, chargeback and fraud risk expenses, and, where applicable, SCA costs. The fee varies depending on your property’s location, and will be between 1.1% and 3.1%.
Payment processing costs are made up of three components:
- PSP fees – charged by our payment service provider to process the payment, including collecting the payment from the customer (payer)
- Scheme fees – charged by the card scheme companies, like Visa or Mastercard, for using their networks
- Interchange fees – charged by the customer’s issuing bank to approve the credit
If you opt for payout via bank transfer, you’ll receive your payout for a reservation after your guest checks out. How you pay the payment charge and our commission depends on your location. There are two options:
- Our commission and the payment charge will both be deducted from every payout you receive
- You’ll pay the commission and payout charge for every reservation in one go at the end of the month
You can find out which is applicable to your property on your Payments by Booking.com page.
Eligibility for Payments by Booking.com
Find out if you’re eligible for Payments by Booking.com—and see how much it’ll cost—by following these steps:
- Log in to the Extranet
- Click the Finance tab
- Select either Payments by Booking.com or Online Payments, depending on your location and settings
Guest Policies & Payments
- Allowing guests to book without credit card details
- Can I set up the same policies for all of my properties all at once?
- How can I set up a grace period?
- Managing my services charges
- Updating your internet, pets, and parking policies
- Setting up or changing your property’s policies
- Setting up cancellation policies
- Do I supply guests with invoices?
- Accessing guests’ credit card details
- How do I set up pre-authorization for guests' credit cards?
- Everything you need to know about damage policy options
- Handling invalid credit cards
- How do I change my payment preferences and which credit cards I accept?
- Setting up a prepayment policy
- How do I handle guest payments?
- Everything you need to know about Strong Customer Authentication
- Understanding the new cash payment feature in your Guest Payment Options
- Introducing payment services from Booking.com
- Payments by Booking.com: FAQs
- Understanding Payments by Booking.com
- How much Payments by Booking.com costs
- Everything you need to know about virtual credit cards
- Refunding virtual credit cards (VCCs)
- Understanding when your virtual credit cards are activated
- Card validation and fee collection solution
- Card validation and fee collection solution for connected partners
- US Payments Ranking Benefit: How extra visibility in search results works for US properties using Payments by Booking.com
- Payments FAQs for property management companies in the US and Canada