Temporary changes for virtual credit card activation date (VCC)
Due to the unprecedented levels of disruption caused by the coronavirus, Booking.com will refund guests who cancel their reservations under our Force Majeure conditions if they used payment methods facilitated by Booking.com.
In turn, this also means that accommodation partners such as yourself must refund the virtual credit card payouts you receive from Booking.com.
Due to the crisis situation and in an attempt to better protect the best interests of our partners and guests, we decided to change the activation date of all outstanding and future virtual credit cards (VCC) to the day after check-in, effective immediately as of March 19, 2020.
How does this change impact me?
For reservations that aren’t subject to Force Majeure, the following applies:
If guests honor their reservations and stay at your property, you can charge the virtual credit card one day after their check-in dates.
If guests cancel their reservations after the deadline or no-show, you can charge virtual credit cards one day after their original check-in dates.
For reservations that are subject to Force Majeure, guests will be allowed to cancel for free. In those cases, you won’t charge the virtual credit cards:
For all virtual credit cards with reservations made in the past, we’ll collectively change the activation date to “the day after check-in.”
Any temporary disruptions when charging your virtual credit cards will be related to this temporary change.
We know these are very unusual times, and hope we can count on your understanding.
Guest Policies & Payments
- Setting up no-credit card details on your most flexible rate
- Can I set up the same policies for all of my properties all at once?
- How can I set up a grace period?
- How can I change the breakfast type?
- No credit card details for domestic bookers
- Managing my services charges
- Last-minute bookings without credit cards
- How can I update my property's WiFi internet settings on the Extranet?
- How can I make changes to my property's settings?
- Why are there restrictions for setting up policies?
- Can I change or add policies myself?
- What types of policies can I set up?
- How to set up policies, rooms, rates, and facilities for children
- Adding and changing cancellation policies
- Making changes to your parking policies
- How do I set up "no credit card details for domestic bookers"?
- How do I handle property damage by guests?
- How can I view guest credit card details using Pulse?
- Do I supply guests with invoices?
- How can I access guest credit card details?
- How do I set up pre-authorization for guests' credit cards?
- How can I set up a damage deposit?
- How do I mark a credit card as invalid?
- How do I change my payment preferences and which credit cards I accept?
- How do I make changes to deposit and pre-payment information?
- I want to set up a prepayment deposit. How can I do this?
- How do I handle guest payments?
- The guest hasn't paid the deposit/pre-payment. Can I cancel the booking?
- What is Strong Customer Authentication?
- Can I charge credit card and/or payment fees on bookings I receive through Booking.com?
- Can I mark credit cards as invalid in Pulse?
- Introducing payment solutions from Booking.com
- Payments: FAQs and all you need to know
- How do I join Payments by Booking.com?
- How much does using Payments by Booking.com cost?
- What to know about virtual credit cards (VCCs)
- Temporary changes for virtual credit card activation date (VCC)
- How and when do I refund a virtual credit card (VCC) ?
- Cost savings and earlier activation dates for virtual credit cards
- Card validation and fee collection solution
- Card validation and fee collection solution for connected partners