Understanding Payments by Booking.com
Payments by Booking.com facilitates all guest payments for you according to your preferred policy. Depending on your property’s payment settings, you’ll receive payouts by bank transfer for all your reservations made on our platform.
Since June 1, 2019, we apply a charge to Payments by Booking.com to cover the costs associated with facilitating payments on your behalf.
In this article:
Seeing if you’re eligible for or active on Payments by Booking.com
Here’s how to see if your property is active or eligible for Payments by Booking.com:
- Log in to the Extranet and click Finance.
- If the Getting paid option appears in the drop-down menu, you’re already active on Payments by Booking.com. Click on it to learn more.
- If you see the Payments by Booking.com option, you’re eligible for the service, but it isn’t active yet. To activate it, select the option and click Yes, sign me up now at the bottom of the page.
- If neither the Getting paid nor the Payments by Booking.com options appear in the drop-down menu, your property isn’t active or eligible for this service.
Managing payments if you’re not eligible for Payments by Booking.com
If your property isn’t eligible for Payments by Booking.com, you’ll need to manage your guests' payments yourself:
- If you accept credit cards, you can either charge your guest before arrival or upon arrival/departure, depending on their reservation policy.
- If you don’t accept credit cards, your guest can pay upon arrival or departure in your local currency. If you want to charge a prepayment or damage deposit, you’ll need to contact the guest to decide on a payment deadline and arrange it yourself.
For tips on setting your payment preferences, read this article.
Opting out of Payments by Booking.com
You can opt out of Payments by Booking.com by doing the following:
- Log in to the Extranet
- Click Finance, then Getting paid
- Click Want to deactivate Payments by Booking.com? and follow the steps to deactivate
- Click Yes, deactivate to confirm your changes
Once you’ve deactivated Payments by Booking.com, you’ll have to pay the commission proactively at the end of the month. To learn more about commission payments, read this article.
If you still have pending payouts, you’ll receive them as gross bank transfer payouts, not net payouts. You can view your remaining balance on the Extranet’s Payout info page by following these steps:
- Click Finance
- Click Payout info
Guest Policies & Payments
- Allowing guests to book without credit card details
- Can I set up the same policies for all of my properties all at once?
- How can I set up a grace period?
- Managing my services charges
- Updating your internet, pets, and parking policies
- Setting up or changing your property’s policies
- Setting up cancellation policies
- Do I supply guests with invoices?
- Accessing guests’ credit card details
- How do I set up pre-authorization for guests' credit cards?
- Everything you need to know about damage policy options
- Handling invalid credit cards
- How do I change my payment preferences and which credit cards I accept?
- Setting up a prepayment policy
- How do I handle guest payments?
- Everything you need to know about Strong Customer Authentication
- Understanding the new cash payment feature in your Guest Payment Options
- Payments: FAQs
- Introducing payment services from Booking.com
- Payments by Booking.com: FAQs
- Understanding Payments by Booking.com
- How much Payments by Booking.com costs
- Everything you need to know about virtual credit cards
- Refunding virtual credit cards (VCCs)
- Understanding when your virtual credit cards are activated
- Card validation and fee collection solution
- Card validation and fee collection solution for connected partners
- US Payments Ranking Benefit: How extra visibility in search results works for US properties using Payments by Booking.com
- Activating and processing payments with Booking Holdings Financial Services
- Identifying and verifying property owners for Booking Holdings Financial Services
- Submitting a complaint about Booking Holdings Financial Services
- FAQ: Booking Holdings Financial Services
- Payments FAQs for property management companies in the US and Canada