Adding and changing cancellation policies
Setting up cancellation policies allows you to let guests know what to expect if they cancel or change their booking. It also protects you from a potential loss of income. There are two simple things you can do to handle cancellations in a way that suits your business:
How to add cancellation policies
- Click the Extranet’s Property tab and select Policies
- Click the Edit button of the policy you’d like to adjust
- Adjust the settings of the policy: a. You can specify if there’s a period when free cancellation is possible, as well as the permitted time frame for this before the guest’s arrival b. You can also specify how much the guest will be charged in case of a cancellation or no-show
- Remember to click Save when you’re done. This setting will apply to future bookings
Add or change cancellation policies for specific rates
After creating a new policy, you need to connect it to a rate for it to be activated on your Booking.com page:
- Go to the Rates and Availability tab
- Click Rate Plans, then Edit under the rate you’d like to attach the new policy to
- Under Which policy?, select the new policy you created
- Click Review to double-check that the info is accurate
Click Activate Rate Category or Activate Rate Plan to finalize
Guest Policies & Payments
- Setting up no-credit card details on your most flexible rate
- Can I set up the same policies for all of my properties all at once?
- How can I set up a grace period?
- How can I change the breakfast type?
- No credit card details for domestic bookers
- Managing my services charges
- Last-minute bookings without credit cards
- How can I update my property's WiFi internet settings on the Extranet?
- How can I make changes to my property's settings?
- Why are there restrictions for setting up policies?
- Can I change or add policies myself?
- What types of policies can I set up?
- How to set up policies, rooms, rates, and facilities for children
- Adding and changing cancellation policies
- Making changes to your parking policies
- How do I set up "no credit card details for domestic bookers"?
- How do I handle property damage by guests?
- How can I view guest credit card details using Pulse?
- Do I supply guests with invoices?
- How can I access guest credit card details?
- How do I set up pre-authorization for guests' credit cards?
- How can I set up a damage deposit?
- How do I mark a credit card as invalid?
- How do I change my payment preferences and which credit cards I accept?
- How do I make changes to deposit and pre-payment information?
- I want to set up a prepayment deposit. How can I do this?
- How do I handle guest payments?
- The guest hasn't paid the deposit/pre-payment. Can I cancel the booking?
- What is Strong Customer Authentication?
- Can I charge credit card and/or payment fees on bookings I receive through Booking.com?
- Can I mark credit cards as invalid in Pulse?
- Introducing payment solutions from Booking.com
- Payments: FAQs and all you need to know
- How do I join Payments by Booking.com?
- How much does using Payments by Booking.com cost?
- What to know about virtual credit cards (VCCs)
- Temporary changes for virtual credit card activation date (VCC)
- How and when do I refund a virtual credit card (VCC) ?
- Cost savings and earlier activation dates for virtual credit cards
- Card validation and fee collection solution
- Card validation and fee collection solution for connected partners