Allowing guests to book without credit card details
Sometimes your guests might not want to enter their credit card details, especially on a mobile device. Requiring credit card details can cause you to miss out on potential reservations. Attract more guests by allowing them to book without their credit card details.
Activating credit card exceptions
If you activate credit card exceptions, your guests will be able to book a room or unit without entering their credit card details. To enable this policy, follow these steps:
- Log in to the Extranet
- Under Property, click Policies
- In the Other policies section under Credit card exceptions, click Edit
- Choose the type of guests you want to allow to book without a credit card
- Click Save
You can activate credit card exceptions for three types of guests:
Domestic bookers – increase your chances of getting reservations from local guests by offering them the option to book without a credit card. For your protection, only guests with no overlapping reservations qualify for this.
Last-minute bookers – fill empty rooms or units by allowing guests to book on the same or next day. They’re more likely to book and less likely to cancel.
Short-notice bookers – decide how far in advance guests can book without a credit card.
Guest Policies & Payments
- Allowing guests to book without credit card details
- Can I set up the same policies for all of my properties all at once?
- How can I set up a grace period?
- How can I change the breakfast type?
- No credit card details for domestic bookers
- Managing my services charges
- Last-minute bookings without credit cards
- Updating your internet, pets, and parking policies
- Why are there restrictions for setting up policies?
- Setting up or changing your property’s policies
- Setting up cancellation policies
- Making changes to your parking policies
- How do I set up "no credit card details for domestic bookers"?
- How do I handle property damage by guests?
- Viewing guests’ credit card details on Pulse
- Do I supply guests with invoices?
- Accessing guests’ credit card details
- How do I set up pre-authorization for guests' credit cards?
- Everything you need to know about damage policy options
- Handling invalid credit cards
- How do I change my payment preferences and which credit cards I accept?
- How do I make changes to deposit and pre-payment information?
- Setting up a prepayment policy
- How do I handle guest payments?
- The guest hasn't paid the deposit/pre-payment. Can I cancel the booking?
- What is Strong Customer Authentication?
- Can I charge credit card and/or payment fees on bookings I receive through Booking.com?
- Can I mark credit cards as invalid in Pulse?
- How to check the status of a damage payment request
- Understanding the new cash payment feature in your Guest Payment Options
- Introducing payment services from Booking.com
- Payments: FAQs
- Understanding Payments by Booking.com
- How much Payments by Booking.com costs
- Everything you need to know about virtual credit cards
- Refunding virtual credit cards (VCCs)
- Understanding when your virtual credit cards are activated
- Card validation and fee collection solution
- Card validation and fee collection solution for connected partners
- US Payments Ranking Benefit: How extra visibility in search results works for US properties using Online Payments
- Payments FAQs for property management companies in the US and Canada