How can I set up a grace period?
A grace period is a predefined period of time that lets guests change a booking without being penalized with a fee. For example, if a guest makes a genuine error when booking, e.g. wrong room, rate, date or number of guests.
In cases of genuine error,
You can set up a grace period of 24 hours after a booking is made. Just follow the steps below:
- Log on to your Extranet and click on the Property tab.
- Select Policies.
- Scroll down and click Cancellation Exceptions, then Change/Add details.
- Select your preferences and click Save when you’re done.
Note: Don’t worry, setting up a 24-hour grace period won’t affect your 48-hour last-minute booking window.
Guest Policies & Payments
- Allowing guests to book without credit card details
- Can I set up the same policies for all of my properties all at once?
- How can I set up a grace period?
- How can I change the breakfast type?
- No credit card details for domestic bookers
- Managing my services charges
- Last-minute bookings without credit cards
- Updating your internet, pets, and parking policies
- Why are there restrictions for setting up policies?
- Setting up or changing your property’s policies
- Setting up cancellation policies
- Making changes to your parking policies
- How do I set up "no credit card details for domestic bookers"?
- How do I handle property damage by guests?
- Viewing guests’ credit card details on Pulse
- Do I supply guests with invoices?
- Accessing guests’ credit card details
- How do I set up pre-authorization for guests' credit cards?
- Everything you need to know about damage policy options
- Handling invalid credit cards
- How do I change my payment preferences and which credit cards I accept?
- How do I make changes to deposit and pre-payment information?
- Setting up a prepayment policy
- How do I handle guest payments?
- The guest hasn't paid the deposit/pre-payment. Can I cancel the booking?
- What is Strong Customer Authentication?
- Can I charge credit card and/or payment fees on bookings I receive through Booking.com?
- Can I mark credit cards as invalid in Pulse?
- How to check the status of a damage payment request
- Understanding the new cash payment feature in your Guest Payment Options
- Introducing payment services from Booking.com
- Payments: FAQs
- Understanding Payments by Booking.com
- How much Payments by Booking.com costs
- Everything you need to know about virtual credit cards
- Refunding virtual credit cards (VCCs)
- Understanding when your virtual credit cards are activated
- Card validation and fee collection solution
- Card validation and fee collection solution for connected partners
- US Payments Ranking Benefit: How extra visibility in search results works for US properties using Online Payments
- Payments FAQs for property management companies in the US and Canada