How do I set up "no credit card details for domestic bookers"?
Letting guests from your country book without credit cards can benefit both you and them.
By setting up the "no credit-card details for domestic bookers" feature*, you can increase stayed bookings by an average of 5%.
It keeps the booking process quick and seamless for guests who don’t have credit cards or don’t want to use one. On top of improving their experience, you’ll increase your visibility among guests who are searching specifically for properties that offer this feature.
*This feature gets applied to all your room types and rates.
How will adding this feature affect my cancellations and no-shows?
We know cancellations and no-shows can be a hassle. That's why we've improved the "no credit-card details for domestic bookers" feature, to help you attract the right customers for your property:
- To book without a credit card, guests must be logged in to their Booking.com account.
- To avoid misuse of this feature, guests can’t book without a credit card when they already have an upcoming reservation with Booking.com with the same check-in and check-out dates.
Want to set up bookings without credit card details?
To activate this feature, look for it in the Opportunity Center, then click "Take action."
If you don’t see this option in the Opportunity Center, just follow these steps:
- Log on to the Extranet, then click the Property tab.
- Select Policies, then scroll down to Guest payment options. Click Change/Add details to switch the "no credit card needed’" option on or off.
- Click Save at the bottom of the page when you’re done.
Guest Policies & Payments
- How do I set up "no credit card needed" on my most flexible rate?
- Can I set up the same policies for all of my properties all at once?
- How do I attach a new cancellation policy to a rate?
- How can I set up a grace period?
- How can I change the breakfast type?
- How to waive fees with the Cancellation Fee Exceptions tool
- No credit card details for domestic bookers
- Managing my services charges
- Last-minute bookings without credit cards
- How can I update my property's WiFi internet settings on the Extranet?
- How can I make changes to my property's settings?
- Why are there restrictions for setting up policies?
- Can I change or add policies myself?
- What types of policies can I set up?
- How to set up policies, rooms, rates, and facilities for children
- How can I change cancellation policies?
- Making changes to your parking policies
- How do I set up "no credit card details for domestic bookers"?
- How do I handle property damage by guests?
- How can I view guest credit card details using Pulse?
- Do I provide guests with invoices?
- How can I access guest credit card details?
- How do I set up pre-authorization for guests' credit cards?
- How can I set up a damage deposit?
- How do I mark a credit card as invalid?
- How do I change my payment preferences and which credit cards I accept?
- How do I make changes to deposit and pre-payment information?
- I want to set up a prepayment deposit. How can I do this?
- How do I handle guest payments?
- The guest hasn’t paid the deposit/pre-payment. Can I cancel the booking?
- What is Strong Customer Authentication?
- Can I charge credit card and/or payment fees on bookings I receive through Booking.com?
- Can I mark credit cards as invalid in Pulse?
- Introducing payment solutions from Booking.com
- Payments: FAQs and all you need to know
- How do I join Payments by Booking.com?
- How much does using Payments by Booking.com cost?
- What to know about virtual credit cards (VCCs)
- Temporary changes for virtual credit card activation date (VCC)
- How and when do I refund a virtual credit card (VCC) ?
- Cost savings and earlier activation dates for virtual credit cards