How do I set up "no credit card needed" on my most flexible rate?
*Depending on your location and Extranet settings, this feature might not be visible yet.
Increase stayed bookings by letting guests book without credit cards and with a free, flexible, same-day cancellation policy.
We've found that a lot of guests start booking a room but abandon the process when it's time to enter credit card details – particularly when booking on a mobile device.
Removing that step from the process makes things easier and can increase your bookings. If you already offer a flexible, same-day cancellation policy, you can give guests extra flexibility by applying this feature to that policy.
When a guest books at your property with a "no credit card needed" flexible cancellation policy, they'll have the option to book without entering their credit card details. If the guest decides to book without a credit card, they'll get a check-in deadline.
The free cancellation period ends at this check-in deadline, according to your flexible cancellation policy. Guests booking without credit card details must check in before the deadline. Otherwise, you can cancel the reservation and re-sell the room.
About the super-flexible setting
This setting is available to properties that have a flexible, same-day free cancellation policy in place.
To protect you against cancellations, only guests from the EU or Switzerland will see this feature. Statistically, these guests have lower cancellation and no-show rates than others.
For further protection against cancellations, guests who already have other reservations for the same dates won't see this feature either.
This setting also includes a check-in deadline that matches your policy. That way you'll have the option to resell the room if a guest cancels or or no-shows.
We won't stop the guest from entering credit card details if they want to. In fact, about 40% of guests who see this option will still enter their details.
To activate this setting, your property needs to:
- Be located within the EU or Switzerland
- Have a super-flexible policy active (free cancellation until 6 pm, 4 pm, or 2 pm on the day of check-in)
- Require credit cards for bookings
If you don’t see this option in the Opportunity Center, just follow these steps:
- Log on to the Extranet and click the Property tab.
- Select Policies. Under Guest payment options, click Change/Add details to switch the "No credit card needed" option on or off.
- Click "Save" at the bottom of the page when you’re done.
Guest Policies & Payments
- How do I set up "no credit card needed" on my most flexible rate?
- Can I set up the same policies for all of my properties all at once?
- How do I attach a new cancellation policy to a rate?
- How can I set up a grace period?
- How can I change the breakfast type?
- How to waive fees with the Cancellation Fee Exceptions tool
- No credit card details for domestic bookers
- Managing my services charges
- Last-minute bookings without credit cards
- How can I update my property's WiFi internet settings on the Extranet?
- How can I make changes to my property's settings?
- Why are there restrictions for setting up policies?
- Can I change or add policies myself?
- What types of policies can I set up?
- How to set up policies, rooms, rates, and facilities for children
- How can I change cancellation policies?
- Making changes to your parking policies
- How do I set up "no credit card details for domestic bookers"?
- How do I handle property damage by guests?
- How can I view guest credit card details using Pulse?
- Do I provide guests with invoices?
- How can I access guest credit card details?
- How do I set up pre-authorization for guests' credit cards?
- How can I set up a damage deposit?
- How do I mark a credit card as invalid?
- How do I change my payment preferences and which credit cards I accept?
- How do I make changes to deposit and pre-payment information?
- I want to set up a prepayment deposit. How can I do this?
- How do I handle guest payments?
- The guest hasn’t paid the deposit/pre-payment. Can I cancel the booking?
- What is Strong Customer Authentication?
- Can I charge credit card and/or payment fees on bookings I receive through Booking.com?
- Can I mark credit cards as invalid in Pulse?
- Introducing payment solutions from Booking.com
- Payments: FAQs and all you need to know
- How do I join Payments by Booking.com?
- How much does using Payments by Booking.com cost?
- What to know about virtual credit cards (VCCs)
- Temporary changes for virtual credit card activation date (VCC)
- How and when do I refund a virtual credit card (VCC) ?
- Cost savings and earlier activation dates for virtual credit cards