How to waive fees with the Cancellation Fee Exceptions tool
Our research shows that guests are most likely to cancel accidental bookings within 24 hours – in fact, 25% of all cancellation requests are made within this period. Even in the case of non-refundable bookings, guests might still call or email to request free cancellation.
To save time handling these cancellations, we’ve created the Cancellation Fee Exceptions tool that lets you pre-approve waived fees for these common cancellations. This means they’ll be processed quickly and your rooms will go back on sale right away.
Selecting your preferred time frame between booking and cancellation will determine which bookings are eligible.
Your calendar will be updated immediately and the rooms will be put back on sale.
To enable this opportunity, visit the Opportunity Center, find the opportunity, then click Action.
If you don't see this option in your Opportunity Center, just follow these steps:
- Log in to the Extranet and click the Property tab.
- Select Policies.
- Under Cancellations and prepayment policies, click Change/Add details for the policy you want to make an exception to.
- Check Yes to the question: Is there a period when the guest can cancel free of charge?
- Specify the conditions that will apply.
- Remember to click Save when you're done.
Guest Policies & Payments
- How do I set up "no credit card needed" on my most flexible rate?
- Can I set up the same policies for all of my properties all at once?
- How do I attach a new cancellation policy to a rate?
- How can I set up a grace period?
- How can I change the breakfast type?
- How to waive fees with the Cancellation Fee Exceptions tool
- No credit card details for domestic bookers
- Managing my services charges
- Last-minute bookings without credit cards
- How can I update my property's WiFi internet settings on the Extranet?
- How can I make changes to my property's settings?
- Why are there restrictions for setting up policies?
- Can I change or add policies myself?
- What types of policies can I set up?
- How to set up policies, rooms, rates, and facilities for children
- How can I change cancellation policies?
- Making changes to your parking policies
- How do I set up "no credit card details for domestic bookers"?
- How do I handle property damage by guests?
- How can I view guest credit card details using Pulse?
- Do I provide guests with invoices?
- How can I access guest credit card details?
- How do I set up pre-authorization for guests' credit cards?
- How can I set up a damage deposit?
- How do I mark a credit card as invalid?
- How do I change my payment preferences and which credit cards I accept?
- How do I make changes to deposit and pre-payment information?
- I want to set up a prepayment deposit. How can I do this?
- How do I handle guest payments?
- The guest hasn't paid the deposit/pre-payment. Can I cancel the booking?
- What is Strong Customer Authentication?
- Can I charge credit card and/or payment fees on bookings I receive through Booking.com?
- Can I mark credit cards as invalid in Pulse?
- Introducing payment solutions from Booking.com
- Payments: FAQs and all you need to know
- How do I join Payments by Booking.com?
- How much does using Payments by Booking.com cost?
- What to know about virtual credit cards (VCCs)
- Temporary changes for virtual credit card activation date (VCC)
- How and when do I refund a virtual credit card (VCC) ?
- Cost savings and earlier activation dates for virtual credit cards
- Card validation and fee collection solution
- Card validation and fee collection solution for connected partners