Setting up cancellation policies
By setting up cancellation policies, you can let guests know what to expect if they cancel or change their bookings. It also protects you from a potential loss of income.
To set up a cancellation policy, first you need to create the policy, then connect it to one or more of your Rate Plans. The new policy will only apply to bookings you receive after you set it up.
How to create a new cancellation policy
- Log in to the Extranet
- Click Property and then click Policies
- Click Create new cancellation policy
- Select whether you want to offer a free cancellation period, and if so, how long before arrival the guest can cancel for free
- Specify how much you’ll charge the guest if they either no-show or cancel after the free cancellation period ends (or if there’s no free cancellation period).
- Click Save
How to connect a cancellation policy to a Rate Plan
After you create a new cancellation policy, you need to connect it to a Rate Plan so it appears to travelers looking to book your property. Here’s how:
- Log in to the Extranet
- Click Rates & Availability, then Rate plans
- Select the Rate Plan you want to connect your new cancellation policy to, then click Edit
- Under Policy, click Edit
- Select the cancellation policy you want to connect to the Rate Plan, then click Save
- Click Apply changes
Guest Policies & Payments
- Allowing guests to book without credit card details
- Can I set up the same policies for all of my properties all at once?
- How can I set up a grace period?
- Managing my services charges
- Updating your internet, pets, and parking policies
- Setting up or changing your property’s policies
- Setting up cancellation policies
- Do I supply guests with invoices?
- Accessing guests’ credit card details
- How do I set up pre-authorization for guests' credit cards?
- Everything you need to know about damage policy options
- Handling invalid credit cards
- How do I change my payment preferences and which credit cards I accept?
- Setting up a prepayment policy
- How do I handle guest payments?
- Everything you need to know about Strong Customer Authentication
- Understanding the new cash payment feature in your Guest Payment Options
- Introducing payment services from Booking.com
- Payments by Booking.com: FAQs
- Understanding Payments by Booking.com
- How much Payments by Booking.com costs
- Everything you need to know about virtual credit cards
- Refunding virtual credit cards (VCCs)
- Understanding when your virtual credit cards are activated
- Card validation and fee collection solution
- Card validation and fee collection solution for connected partners
- US Payments Ranking Benefit: How extra visibility in search results works for US properties using Payments by Booking.com
- Payments FAQs for property management companies in the US and Canada