Setting up cancellation policies
By setting up cancellation policies, you can let guests know what to expect if they cancel or change their bookings. It also protects you from a potential loss of income.
To set up a cancellation policy, first you need to create the policy, then connect it to one or more of your Rate Plans. The new policy will only apply to bookings you receive after you set it up.
How to create a new cancellation policy
- Log in to the Extranet
- Click Property, then Policies
- Click Edit next to the policy you want to adjust
- Select whether you want to offer a free cancellation period, and if so, how long before arrival the guest can cancel for free
- Specify how much you’ll charge the guest if they either no-show or cancel after the free cancellation period ends (or if there’s no free cancellation period).
- Click Save
How to connect a cancellation policy to a Rate Plan
After you create a new cancellation policy, you need to connect it to a Rate Plan so it appears to travelers looking to book your property. Here’s how:
- Log in to the Extranet
- Click Rates & Availability, then Rate plans
- Select the Rate Plan you want to connect your new cancellation policy to, then click Edit
- Under Policy, click Edit
- Select the cancellation policy you want to connect to the Rate Plan, then click Save
- Click Apply changes
Guest Policies & Payments
- Setting up no-credit card details on your most flexible rate
- Can I set up the same policies for all of my properties all at once?
- How can I set up a grace period?
- How can I change the breakfast type?
- No credit card details for domestic bookers
- Managing my services charges
- Last-minute bookings without credit cards
- How can I update my property's WiFi internet settings on the Extranet?
- How can I make changes to my property's settings?
- Why are there restrictions for setting up policies?
- Can I change or add policies myself?
- What types of policies can I set up?
- How to set up policies, rooms, rates, and facilities for children
- Setting up cancellation policies
- Making changes to your parking policies
- How do I set up "no credit card details for domestic bookers"?
- How do I handle property damage by guests?
- How can I view guest credit card details using Pulse?
- Do I supply guests with invoices?
- How can I access guest credit card details?
- How do I set up pre-authorization for guests' credit cards?
- How can I set up a damage deposit?
- How do I mark a credit card as invalid?
- How do I change my payment preferences and which credit cards I accept?
- How do I make changes to deposit and pre-payment information?
- I want to set up a prepayment deposit. How can I do this?
- How do I handle guest payments?
- The guest hasn't paid the deposit/pre-payment. Can I cancel the booking?
- What is Strong Customer Authentication?
- Can I charge credit card and/or payment fees on bookings I receive through Booking.com?
- Can I mark credit cards as invalid in Pulse?
- Introducing payment solutions from Booking.com
- Payments: FAQs and all you need to know
- How do I join Payments by Booking.com?
- How much does it cost to use Payments by Booking.com?
- What to know about virtual credit cards (VCCs)
- Temporary changes for virtual credit card activation date (VCC)
- How and when do I refund a virtual credit card (VCC) ?
- Cost savings and earlier activation dates for virtual credit cards
- Card validation and fee collection solution
- Card validation and fee collection solution for connected partners