Setting up or changing your property’s policies
Policies are rules and guidelines about reservations, payments, cancellations, and house rules. We created an Extranet page to help you set up your policies.
Follow these steps to set up or change your property’s policies:
- Log in to the Extranet
- Click Property, then Policies
On this page, you can choose between the following categories:
- Cancellation and prepayment policies
- Modification and cancellation exceptions
- Children and extra beds
- Other policies
Click Edit below the policy you want to set up or change, then follow the steps.
Guest Policies & Payments
- Allowing guests to book without credit card details
- Can I set up the same policies for all of my properties all at once?
- How can I set up a grace period?
- How can I change the breakfast type?
- No credit card details for domestic bookers
- Managing my services charges
- Last-minute bookings without credit cards
- Updating your internet, pets, and parking policies
- Why are there restrictions for setting up policies?
- Setting up or changing your property’s policies
- Setting up cancellation policies
- Making changes to your parking policies
- How do I set up "no credit card details for domestic bookers"?
- How do I handle property damage by guests?
- Viewing guests’ credit card details on Pulse
- Do I supply guests with invoices?
- Accessing guests’ credit card details
- How do I set up pre-authorization for guests' credit cards?
- Everything you need to know about damage policy options
- Handling invalid credit cards
- How do I change my payment preferences and which credit cards I accept?
- How do I make changes to deposit and pre-payment information?
- Setting up a prepayment policy
- How do I handle guest payments?
- The guest hasn't paid the deposit/pre-payment. Can I cancel the booking?
- What is Strong Customer Authentication?
- Can I charge credit card and/or payment fees on bookings I receive through Booking.com?
- Can I mark credit cards as invalid in Pulse?
- How to check the status of a damage payment request
- Understanding the new cash payment feature in your Guest Payment Options
- Introducing payment services from Booking.com
- Payments: FAQs
- Understanding Payments by Booking.com
- How much Payments by Booking.com costs
- Everything you need to know about virtual credit cards
- Refunding virtual credit cards (VCCs)
- Understanding when your virtual credit cards are activated
- Card validation and fee collection solution
- Card validation and fee collection solution for connected partners
- US Payments Ranking Benefit: How extra visibility in search results works for US properties using Payments by Booking.com
- Payments FAQs for property management companies in the US and Canada