How to rename your property listing title
We have policies and guidelines in place to make sure your property name meets our General Delivery Terms. This is so you can set the right expectations for your guests and provide accurate info about your property. By following these guidelines, you’ll be making sure your property appears in the best possible light on our platform and avoid having your property name rejected.
If you want to change your property name, follow these steps:
- Log on to the Extranet and click the “Property” tab.
- Click General Info.
- Click “Change property name.”
- Select “No, the property ownership will stay the same.”
- Type in a new property name, then click “Next” to review the change.
- Select “Change property name” to finalize.
If you’re making changes to your property name, keep these best practices in mind:
- Use a specific, unique name that won't confuse guests.
- Guests tend to type in as little as possible to find their desired property.
- Think about people searching the name on Google. What would you type to find this property?
- Avoid using symbols like quotation marks (“”), asterisks (*), and “at” signs (@).
- Except for acronyms, don’t capitalize entire words (e.g. “Apartment VL Amsterdam” not “Apartment VL AMSTERDAM”).
Change of ownership
If your property is undergoing a change of ownership (i.e. the name on the commission invoice is changing) it’s important to follow the correct process and that all property info is updated on our side as well as on yours. Learn more about change of ownership here.
Policy and guidelines for renaming your property
If your property name change is rejected, we’ll email to inform you that the name was changed back to its previous one, and why the new name was rejected.
To help you avoid this process, here are the reasons property names get rejected. In line with sections 7.4 (ii) and 7.4 (ix) of our General Terms and Conditions, a property name will be rejected if it:
- Is disparaging about Booking.com
- Refers to a competitor of Booking.com
- Is discriminatory toward and/or not appropriate for a global audience
- Doesn’t respect the privacy of others
- Is misleading and/or not factually correct
By following these guidelines, along with our tips and best practices, you can have peace of mind that your new property name will be published immediately and be a clear representation of what your property offers.
Your Property Page Content
- How do I create the perfect property page?
- How to change or update your property address
- How can I change my contact details?
- Changing your property description
- How can I update my property's facilities?
- How can I add info to "The fine print"?
- How can I change information about my internet connection?
- How to rename your property listing title
- How do I change my position on the map?
- All you need to know about the Quality Rating for home and apartment-like properties
- How do I get my property’s coordinates from Google Maps?
- How do I show guests what I do to protect them from the coronavirus?
- Updating your sustainability practices
- Guest Q&A feature
- Displaying cleanliness measures
- What is the Work-Friendly Program?
- How to update check-in services
- Optimizing the traveler search experience to boost visibility
- Updating your swimming pool facility details
- What photos do I need for my home, apartment or vacation rental?
- What photos do I need to attract more families to my property?
- What photos do I need for my hotel?
- What are guest-generated photos?
- How do I add, change, and update my property photos?
- How do I rotate photos?
- Why are some photos not showing on my page?
- How to take better photos of your property
- How can I add photos of specific rooms or units?
- How do I tag my photos?
- Why is the order of photos different on my property page and the Extranet?
- How can I change my main photo?
- How do I change the order of my photos?
- How can I delete a photo?
- How to let your guests know when a facility is temporarily closed