Optimizing the traveler search experience to boost visibility
Reading time: 1.5 minutes
Highlight: Booking.com now offers you more ways for guests to find you through an optimized search experience meant to capture, convince, and convert demand.
Why is this important?
Our optimized search features are designed to support our shared goal of rebuilding together with by offering guests new opportunities to discover or rediscover destinations based on currently popular themes, such as nature, countryside, beaches, and more.
How does it work?
We’ve launched an optimized search experience geared towards capturing, convincing, and converting demand from guests.
Guests are now be able to:
- Specify the region or city they want to visit.
- Browse based on themes (rural, nature, beach, mountain, and more)
- Use the new Near me search functionality to find properties in nearby destinations
These new features—particularly the Near me functionality—will give properties more visibility and raise their chances of attracting people looking to travel shorter distances. This can be especially beneficial for properties in destinations that are less frequented by tourists
Note: This optimized search experience is based on Booking.com algorithms that work and rely on property labeling. This is achieved by gathering guest endorsements and available property data. All Booking.com partners with at least 20 guest reviews are eligible and automatically enrolled.
Your Property Page Content
- How do I create the perfect property page?
- How to change or update your property address
- How can I change my contact details?
- Changing your property description
- How can I update my property's facilities?
- How can I add information to “The fine print?”
- How can I change information about my internet connection?
- How to rename your property listing title
- How do I change my position on the map?
- How to let your guests know when a facility is temporarily closed
- All you need to know about the Quality Rating for home and apartment-like properties
- How do I get my property’s coordinates from Google Maps?
- How do I show guests what I do to protect them from the coronavirus?
- Updating your sustainability practices
- Guest Q&A feature
- Displaying cleanliness measures
- What is the Work-Friendly Program?
- How to update check-in services
- Optimizing the traveler search experience to boost visibility
- How to use the room differentiation tool to generate more high-value bookings
- Updating your swimming pool facility details
- What photos do I need for my home, apartment or vacation rental?
- What photos do I need to attract more families to my property?
- What photos do I need for my hotel?
- What are guest-generated photos?
- How do I add, change, and update my property photos?
- How do I rotate photos?
- Why are some photos not showing on my page?
- How to take better photos of your property
- How can I add photos of specific rooms or units?
- How do I tag my photos?
- Why is the order of photos different on my property page and the Extranet?
- How can I change my main photo?
- How do I change the order of my photos?
- How can I delete a photo?