Optimizing the traveler search experience to boost visibility
Reading time: 1.5 minutes
Highlight: Booking.com now offers you more ways for guests to find you through an optimized search experience meant to capture, convince, and convert demand.
Why is this important?
Our optimized search features are designed to support our shared goal of rebuilding together with by offering guests new opportunities to discover or rediscover destinations based on currently popular themes, such as nature, countryside, beaches, and more.
How does it work?
We’ve launched an optimized search experience geared towards capturing, convincing, and converting demand from guests.
Guests are now be able to:
- Specify the region or city they want to visit.
- Browse based on themes (rural, nature, beach, mountain, and more)
- Use the new Near me search functionality to find properties in nearby destinations
These new features—particularly the Near me functionality—will give properties more visibility and raise their chances of attracting people looking to travel shorter distances. This can be especially beneficial for properties in destinations that are less frequented by tourists
Note: This optimized search experience is based on Booking.com algorithms that work and rely on property labeling. This is achieved by gathering guest endorsements and available property data. All Booking.com partners with at least 20 guest reviews are eligible and automatically enrolled.
Your Property Page Content
- Changing your property address and map coordinates
- Adding and updating my contact details
- Changing your property description or room details
- Updating your property’s facilities
- What is “the fine print” and how to add information to it
- Renaming your property listing title
- Letting guests know when a facility is temporarily closed
- Everything about quality ratings: FAQs
- Updating your sustainability practices
- Guest Q&A feature
- Displaying cleanliness measures
- What is the Work-Friendly Program?
- How to update check-in services
- Optimizing the traveler search experience to boost visibility
- Using the room/unit differentiation tool for more high-value bookings
- Updating your property page
- Travel Sustainable: FAQs
- Room or unit differentiation tool for accommodation partners: FAQs