Renaming your property listing title
We have policies and guidelines in place to make sure your property name meets our General Delivery Terms. This way you can set the right expectations for guests and provide accurate info about your property. By following these guidelines, you’ll be making sure your property appears in the best possible light on our platform and avoid your property name being rejected.
In this article:
Changing your property name
To change your property name, follow these steps:
- Log inn to the Extranet and click the “Property” tab.
- Click “General Info.”
- Click “Change property name.”
- Select “No, the property ownership will stay the same.”
- Type in a new property name, then click “Next” to review the change.
- Select “Change property name” to finalize.
If you’re making changes to your property name, keep these best practices in mind:
- Use a specific, unique name that won't confuse guests.
- Guests tend to type in as little as possible to find their desired property.
- Think about people searching the name on Google. What would you type to find this property?
- Avoid using symbols like quotation marks (“”), asterisks (*), and “at” signs (@).
- Except for acronyms, don’t capitalize entire words (e.g. “Apartment VL Amsterdam” not “Apartment VL AMSTERDAM”).
Changing property ownership
If your property is undergoing a change of ownership (i.e. the name on the commission invoice is changing) it’s important to follow the correct process and that all property info is updated on our side as well as on yours. You can find out more about change of ownership here.
Guidelines for renaming your property
If your property name change is rejected, we’ll email to inform you that it was changed back to its previous one, and why the new name was rejected.
To make sure that your new property name adheres to our content guidelines and gets approved quickly, read the Content guidelines.
Your Property Page Content
- How do I create the perfect property page?
- How to change or update your property address
- Adding and updating my contact details
- Changing your property description or room details
- Updating your property’s facilities
- What is “the fine print” and how to add information to it
- How can I change information about my internet connection?
- Renaming your property listing title
- Letting guests know when a facility is temporarily closed
- Everything about quality ratings: FAQs
- Updating your sustainability practices
- Guest Q&A feature
- Displaying cleanliness measures
- What is the Work-Friendly Program?
- How to update check-in services
- Optimizing the traveler search experience to boost visibility
- Using the room/unit differentiation tool for more high-value bookings
- Updating your swimming pool facility details
- Updating your property page
- Travel Sustainable: FAQs
- Room or unit differentiation tool for accommodation partners: FAQs
- What photos do I need for my home, apartment or vacation rental?
- What photos do I need to attract more families to my property?
- What photos do I need for my hotel?
- What are guest-generated photos?
- Uploading, deleting, reordering, and editing photos
- How do I rotate photos?
- Why are some photos not showing on my page?
- Understanding photo requirements for your property
- How can I add photos of specific rooms or units?
- How do I tag my photos?
- Understanding the smart ordering feature
- How can I change my main photo?
- How do I change the order of my photos?
- How can I delete a photo?