Travel Sustainable: FAQs
The Travel Sustainable program is how we’re making it easier for everyone to make more sustainable travel choices. In this article, you’ll find answers to the most commonly asked questions about the program.
In this article:
Yes. The program is designed to recognize sustainability efforts at every property type, while also taking into consideration the size and location, in order to fairly measure your efforts.
All you need to do is tell us which sustainability practices you’ve implemented at your property. You can do this by updating your sustainability practices in the Extranet’s Property section. If your current impact is high enough, you'll receive an email letting you know your Travel Sustainable Level within 24 hours. You can also use this section to identify areas you can improve on so you’re continuously adding to and enhancing your sustainability practices. Alternatively, you can have one of the many third-party certifications we display.
We use a model to weigh the impact of each sustainability practice you declare. This model compares each sustainability practice to a non-sustainable alternative, using country-specific data, in order to determine how sustainable your property is. Taking into account local contexts and constraints allows us to generate meaningful and comparable impact scores for different property types worldwide.
The overall impact from all the practices you’ve implemented will determine which level you are awarded.
We’re experimenting with how we show properties' sustainability impact and communication about the program to find the clearest, most effective way to share this information with guests.
Yes. To make sure your guests can trust their experience is more sustainable, we need to ensure that the info you’ve provided about your sustainability practices is accurate.
We collect data from you and work with a third-party auditor to carry out this verification for some of the practices. We also ask your guests to complete a survey about the accuracy of some of your sustainability practices that are shown on your property page.
If you also have official certification of your sustainability efforts and inform us about it, we’ll take that into account.
If we find discrepancies when our third-party auditor checks the info you’ve provided about your property and sustainability practices, we’ll let you know on the Extranet. We’ll also remove this practice from your property page until we receive evidence of it having been implemented. If we need to remove your Travel Sustainable badge or change your Travel Sustainable level because of one or more incorrectly marked practices, we’ll send you an email to let you know.
Your Property Page Content
- Changing your property address and map coordinates
- Adding and updating my contact details
- Changing your property description or room details
- Updating your property’s facilities
- What is “the fine print” and how to add information to it
- Renaming your property listing title
- Letting guests know when a facility is temporarily closed
- Everything about quality ratings: FAQs
- Updating your sustainability practices
- Guest Q&A feature
- Displaying cleanliness measures
- What is the Work-Friendly Program?
- How to update check-in services
- Optimizing the traveler search experience to boost visibility
- Using the room/unit differentiation tool for more high-value bookings
- Updating your property page
- Travel Sustainable: FAQs
- Room or unit differentiation tool for accommodation partners: FAQs