What is “the fine print” and how to add information to it
“The fine print” section of your Booking.com page is used to share important details with guests before they book.
Most of these details should already be covered in dedicated sections of your property page, for example:
- you can indicate check-in information
- manage extra costs or policies
- add more property specifics
- set up message templates to share info with guests
If there are other details that can’t be covered in these sections that guests need to know before booking, let our team know by following these steps:
- Log in to the Extranet and click the Property tab.
- Click View your descriptions.
- Scroll down to The fine print section, then check Additional conditions that apply to you, which are regular phrases pre-translated into 42 languages and added to your property page instantly
- If you don't find the info you want to add, click Request a change at the bottom and fill out the text box as clearly and specifically as possible.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Submit request when you’re done.
Bullet points are the quickest way to include your information.
All description-related requests are evaluated by our Content Team. They make decisions on potential changes based on best practices and company guidelines.
Remember, once guests make a booking, it’s easy to communicate via message and provide them with additional details regarding their check-in or stay.
Learn how to set up message templates.Read more
Your Property Page Content
- How do I create the perfect property page?
- How to change or update your property address
- Adding and updating my contact details
- Changing your property description or room details
- Updating your property’s facilities
- What is “the fine print” and how to add information to it
- How can I change information about my internet connection?
- Renaming your property listing title
- Letting guests know when a facility is temporarily closed
- Everything about quality ratings: FAQs
- Updating your sustainability practices
- Guest Q&A feature
- Displaying cleanliness measures
- What is the Work-Friendly Program?
- How to update check-in services
- Optimizing the traveler search experience to boost visibility
- Using the room/unit differentiation tool for more high-value bookings
- Updating your swimming pool facility details
- Updating your property page
- Travel Sustainable: FAQs
- Room or unit differentiation tool for accommodation partners: FAQs
- What photos do I need for my home, apartment or vacation rental?
- What photos do I need to attract more families to my property?
- What photos do I need for my hotel?
- What are guest-generated photos?
- Uploading, deleting, reordering, and editing photos
- How do I rotate photos?
- Why are some photos not showing on my page?
- Understanding photo requirements for your property
- How can I add photos of specific rooms or units?
- How do I tag my photos?
- Understanding the smart ordering feature
- How can I change my main photo?
- How do I change the order of my photos?
- How can I delete a photo?