What is the Work-Friendly Program?
Reading time: 3 minutes
Highlights: We’ll now offer our home-type accommodation partners a simple and intuitive way to capture demand from business travelers.
What is this about?
With the world gradually adapting to digital communication and collaboration technologies, we launched the new Booking.com Work-Friendly Program.
It’s designed to help home-type properties (see below eligibility criteria) increase their revenue—without offering any additional discounts and promotions—by attracting business travelers or travelers who might want to work remotely while staying at properties registered on Booking.com.
Note: Enrollment is automatic and effortless for partners, and eligibility is room or unit based. Properties with multiple rooms or units can choose which ones to prepare to make them eligible for the program.
What are the eligibility criteria?
To have rooms or units automatically enrolled in the Work-Friendly Program, they must have a set of facilities and services available and added on the Extranet. These include:
Property level criteria:
- Must be a home-type accommodation (apartments, condo hotels, B&Bs, guest houses, vacation homes, etc.)
- Must be able to issue invoices to guests on request.
- Must be able to process credit card payments or be part of Payments by Booking.
- Must have a minimum of 3 existing guest reviews with a Review score of 8 or more.
- Must have a cleanliness score of 8 or more.
- Must offer free and reliable WiFi.
- Must have a dedicated desk or table that can be used for work.
- Must have at least 1 flexible rate plan activated.
- Must have a private bathroom.
- Must have all of the following readily available: Fire extinguishers, smoke alarms, and carbon monoxide alarms.
- Must offer all the following hospitality essentials: Towels, pillows, bedsheets, toilet paper, soap, toiletries (e.g. shampoo, shower gel).
Are you ready to join the Work-Friendly Program?
How does the program work?
For partners with units or rooms that meet the criteria above, we’ll give additional visibility on the Booking.com website and app geared toward guests who are traveling for business or looking to work remotely.
These travelers will easily see the Work-Friendly Program badge on properties’ rooms or units that are part of the program. At the same time, we’ll continue working on additional ways to increase visibility.
What value can this program bring?
The Booking.com Work-Friendly Program is built to bring three main advantages to our partners:
- Increasing visibility
- Maximizing occupancy
- Benefiting from new audiences
To understand how this is achieved, check out this page.
Your Property Page Content
- How do I create the perfect property page?
- How to change or update your property address
- Adding, changing, and updating my contact details
- Changing your property description
- How can I update my property's facilities?
- How can I add information to “The fine print?”
- How can I change information about my internet connection?
- How to rename your property listing title
- How do I change my position on the map?
- Letting guests know when a facility is temporarily closed
- All you need to know about quality ratings
- How do I get my property’s coordinates from Google Maps?
- How do I show guests what I do to protect them from the coronavirus?
- Updating your sustainability practices
- Guest Q&A feature
- Displaying cleanliness measures
- What is the Work-Friendly Program?
- How to update check-in services
- Optimizing the traveler search experience to boost visibility
- Using the room/unit differentiation tool to generate more high-value bookings
- Updating your swimming pool facility details
- Updating your property page
- Travel Sustainable: FAQs
- Room or unit differentiation tool: FAQs
- What photos do I need for my home, apartment or vacation rental?
- What photos do I need to attract more families to my property?
- What photos do I need for my hotel?
- What are guest-generated photos?
- How do I add, change, and update my property photos?
- How do I rotate photos?
- Why are some photos not showing on my page?
- How to take better photos of your property
- How can I add photos of specific rooms or units?
- How do I tag my photos?
- Understanding the smart ordering feature
- How can I change my main photo?
- How do I change the order of my photos?
- How can I delete a photo?