How to let your guests know when a facility is temporarily closed
Have a facility closed for renovation or during a specific time of year? Let your potential guests know via temporarily closed facilities.
If one of the facilities at your property is temporarily closed, it’s important to let people know about it. Otherwise guests could book your property thinking, for example, they’ll have access to a swimming pool, but get an unpleasant surprise when they find it’s closed. This can negatively impact your review score.
You can include the dates of temporary facility closures. The info will be displayed on your property page, next to the relevant facility. This info will only be visible to guests who enter dates that overlap with a period when a specific facility is closed.
At the moment, this feature is applicable to the following facilities: Swimming pool, bar, restaurant, sauna, spa, hot tub/jacuzzi, and fitness room.
To add temporary closure dates to a facility, follow these steps:
- Log in to the Extranet, then, under the Property tab, select Facilities & services.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page. Under Temporary closure of facilities, select the facility and enter the dates when it’s closed. Click Add, then Save to confirm your changes.
- To delete the closure info, just click the trash icon on the right-hand side.
Your Property Page Content
- How do I create the perfect property page?
- How to change or update your property address
- How can I change my contact details?
- Changing your property description
- How can I update my property's facilities?
- How can I add info to "The fine print"?
- How can I change information about my internet connection?
- How to rename your property listing title
- How do I change my position on the map?
- All you need to know about the Quality Rating for home and apartment-like properties
- How do I get my property’s coordinates from Google Maps?
- How do I show guests what I do to protect them from the coronavirus?
- Updating your sustainability practices
- Guest Q&A feature
- Displaying cleanliness measures
- What is the Work-Friendly Program?
- How to update check-in services
- Optimizing the traveler search experience to boost visibility
- Updating your swimming pool facility details
- What photos do I need for my home, apartment or vacation rental?
- What photos do I need to attract more families to my property?
- What photos do I need for my hotel?
- What are guest-generated photos?
- How do I add, change, and update my property photos?
- How do I rotate photos?
- Why are some photos not showing on my page?
- How to take better photos of your property
- How can I add photos of specific rooms or units?
- How do I tag my photos?
- Why is the order of photos different on my property page and the Extranet?
- How can I change my main photo?
- How do I change the order of my photos?
- How can I delete a photo?
- How to let your guests know when a facility is temporarily closed