What photos do I need to attract more families to my property?
If you want guests to book your property, you need to grab their attention with an attractive property page – and your photos play a key role in this process. Our guide will explain how to take amazing pictures that’ll make your property irresistible to families.
This article explains what type of content we’d love to get from you.
For more tips, check out our step-by-step visual guide.
- Use a digital camera (the latest smartphones also have great cameras).
- Only shoot landscape (horizontal) images – these look the best on Booking.com.
- Photos should be high-resolution, at least 2048 x 1080 pixels.
- Take pictures from a height of 3-5 ft.
- When taking pictures of guests, avoid showing their faces.
- Make sure your subject (person, amenity) is in the center of the image whenever possible.
- Photos on Booking.com can be cropped in different ways, so do your best best is to keep the subject centered.
- Try not to get too close to the subject. Make sure there’s enough distance for the subject to fit in the middle.
- Remember that the image you see in your Extranet gallery is a pre-cropped photo.
- Avoid road signs, parked cars, and people passing by.
If you offer any of the following amenities, try to take photos of as many of them as possible:
- Daycare facilities
- Outdoor play area
- Water slides/Water park
- Kids' swimming pool
- High chairs
- Communal areas for adults
- Excursions (e.g. pamphlets in lobby)
- Sports facilities
- Safety features like pool fences/stair gates
- Any other family facilities
Once you've taken photos of everything you need, find out how to add them to your property page.
Your Property Page Content
- How do I create the perfect property page?
- How to change or update your property address
- How can I change my contact details?
- Changing your property description
- How can I update my property's facilities?
- How can I add info to "The fine print"?
- How can I change information about my internet connection?
- How to rename your property listing title
- How do I change my position on the map?
- All you need to know about the Quality Rating for home and apartment-like properties
- How do I get my property’s coordinates from Google Maps?
- How do I show guests what I do to protect them from the coronavirus?
- Updating your sustainability practices
- Guest Q&A feature
- Displaying cleanliness measures
- What is the Work-Friendly Program?
- How to update check-in services
- Optimizing the traveler search experience to boost visibility
- Updating your swimming pool facility details
- What photos do I need for my home, apartment or vacation rental?
- What photos do I need to attract more families to my property?
- What photos do I need for my hotel?
- What are guest-generated photos?
- How do I add, change, and update my property photos?
- How do I rotate photos?
- Why are some photos not showing on my page?
- How to take better photos of your property
- How can I add photos of specific rooms or units?
- How do I tag my photos?
- Why is the order of photos different on my property page and the Extranet?
- How can I change my main photo?
- How do I change the order of my photos?
- How can I delete a photo?
- How to let your guests know when a facility is temporarily closed