If you want guests to book your property, you need to grab their attention with an attractive property page – and your photos play a key role in this process. Our guide will explain how to take amazing pictures that’ll make your property irresistible to families.
This article explains what type of content we’d love to get from you.
For more tips, check out our step-by-step visual guide.
- Use a digital camera (the latest smartphones also have great cameras).
- Only shoot landscape (horizontal) images – these look the best on Booking.com.
- Photos should be high-resolution (at least 2048 x 1080 pixels).
- Take pictures from a height of 3-5 ft.
- When taking pictures of guests, avoid showing their faces.
- Make sure your subject (person, amenity) is in the center of the image whenever possible.
- Photos on Booking.com can be cropped in different ways, so do your best best is to keep the subject centered.
- Try not to get too close to the subject. Make sure there’s enough distance for the subject to fit in the middle.
- Remember that the image you see in your Extranet gallery is a pre-cropped photo.
- Avoid road signs, parked cars, and people passing by.
If you offer any of the following amenities, try to take photos of as many of them as possible:
- Daycare facilities
- Outdoor play area
- Water slides/Water park
- Kids' swimming pool
- High chairs
- Communal areas for adults
- Excursions (e.g. pamphlets in lobby)
- Sports facilities
- Safety features like pool fences/stair gates
- Any other family facilities
Once you've taken photos of everything you need, find out how to add them to your property page.