What photos do I need for my home, apartment or holiday rental?
To get guests to book with you, first you have to grab their attention with an attractive property page.
Photos play a crucial role. This guide explain how to take striking pictures that’ll make your home or apartment irresistible to bookers.
For more tips, check out our step-by-step visual guide.
- Use a digital camera – the latest smartphones also have great cameras
- Only shoot landscape (horizontal) photos – they look the best on Booking.com
- Take them in high resolution (at least 2048x1080 pixels)
- Take photos from a height of about 3 to 5 feet
- When photographing guests, don't show their faces
- Keep your subject (e.g. amenity, person) in the center of the frame whenever possible. You can always crop the image later on Booking.com.
- Don't get too close to the subject – leave enough distance to keep the subject centered.
- Remember that the image visible on the Extranet gallery is pre-cropped.
Take photos of these amenities if you have them:
- Daycare facilities
- Kids' pools
- High chairs
- Communal areas for adults
- Excursions (e.g. pamphlets in lobby)
- Sports facilities
- Safety features (e.g. pool fences, stair gates)
- Other family-friendly facilities
After taking all these photos, upload them to your property page.
Your Property Page Content