How do I connect my Booking.com calendar to other calendars?
To stay on top of all your reservations and avoid double-bookings, you can sync your Booking.com calendar with other third-party calendars. For example, you can import your Airbnb or HomeAway reservations calendars to Booking.com's, or export your Booking.com calendar to Airbnb or Google Calendar.
We recommend both exporting and importing your Booking.com calendar. That way you can manage your bookings across all platforms without having to manually block your Booking.com calendar with bookings from other platforms. Just remember that calendars aren’t synced in real time, so individual reservations made on other platforms won’t sync immediately with your Booking.com calendar, and vice versa.
If you're new to Booking.com, we recommend doing this before your property opens for bookings on our platform.
To import or export calendars, you'll need:
- A property with 20 room types or less, and a maximum of 1 unit per room type.
- A property that doesn’t use XML connectivity services like property management systems (PMS) or channel managers.
Not all property types are eligible for this feature. To see if this option is available to you, go to the ”Rates & Availability” or ”Calendar” tab in your Extranet. If your property is eligible for this feature, you’ll see the option to Sync calendars. Keep in mind that reservations aren’t synced in real time. This means that there’s a delay when reservations from external calendars are synced with Booking.com’s calendar, and vice versa.
To import and export your calendar, follow these steps:
Importing third party-calendars
This option is useful if you work with other online channels and want to both import and sync another calendar with your Booking.com calendar. Here’s how:
- Copy the URL of an external calendar.
- Log in to the Extranet and click the ”Calendar” or ”Rates & Availability” tab and then select ”Sync calendars.” This will take you to your calendar sync overview page.
You can also access the calendar sync overview page via your monthly calendar by clicking “Sync calendar”under the calendar.
- Click Add calendar connection. Paste the link from the third-party calendar into the field, then give the connection a name (e.g. if you’re connecting to Airbnb, you could call it “Airbnb”) and then click Next step.
- Copy your Booking.com iCal link by clicking “Copy link,” and then paste it into the relevant field on your third-party calendar – for example on Airbnb’s calendar syncing page. Once you’ve done this, you can go back to the Extranet and click Done.
You’ll now see this calendar in your overview of connections. It takes a while for us to finish setting up the connection, so you’ll see the status as Activating while the connection is being set up. Once your calendars are synchronized, the status will change to OK.
5. Every calendar you import will have the Sync now and Remove options. Clicking Sync now will automatically sync the imported calendar. Clicking Remove deletes the imported calendar and stops any syncing.
Export your Booking.com calendar
This option lets you copy your room statuses on Booking.com to third-party calendars. Here’s how:
- Log in to the Extranet, click the Calendar or Rates & Availability tab and select Sync calendars. This will take you to your calendar sync overview page.
- Click Add calendar connection, then scroll down and click Skip this step.
Important: If you haven’t already imported your calendar from another platform, bookings from that website won’t be reflected or blocked in your Booking.com calendar. You should only skip this step if you plan to manually block the bookings you receive from other websites, or if you have already imported your other calendar(s).
- In the pop-up that appears, give your connection a name and then click Export Calendar.
- Copy the link by clicking on Copy link, then paste it into the relevant field in your third-party calendar. Once you’ve done this, go back to the Extranet and click Done.
You’ll now see this calendar in your overview of connections. It takes a while for us to finish setting up the connection, so you’ll see the status as Activating while the connection is being set up. Once your calendars are synchronized, the status will change to Export only.
- To deactivate your export from Booking.com to a third-party calendar website, remove the connection on the other platform.
Remember: Calendars aren’t synced in real time, so individual reservations made on other platforms won’t sync immediately with your Booking.com calendar, and vice versa.
Your Rates & Availability