How to temporarily pause your listing
We understand your business can face unique circumstances that affect your availability on our platform. That’s why we strive to give you greater flexibility and make it easier to manage your relationship with us when things happen unexpectedly.
The snooze function is one way we can do that. It allows you to suspend—or “snooze”—your property listing for as long as you need.
What happens when my property is snoozed?
You won’t be able to receive any bookings on the dates you choose – this is called a snooze period. When setting up a snooze period, you can either set an end date or leave it open-ended. In the latter case, we’ll ask you to choose a date for us to remind you to un-snooze and reopen your property. We’ll also add a message to your listing informing guests that your property can’t be booked at this time.
During a snooze period:
- Travelers can still see your property
- Travelers can make bookings on dates outside your snooze period
- Your memberships in Genius and Preferred aren’t impacted
- You can make changes to your property settings as usual
Keep in mind:
- Any existing bookings and outstanding invoices still have to be honored while your property is snoozed
- Because your property isn’t bookable, snoozing can affect your ranking
- Any settings changes you make to dates within your snooze period won’t make those dates bookable unless you un-snooze
How do I snooze my property?
To snooze your property, follow these steps:
- Log in to the Extranet.
- Click Property, then General info.
- Next to Property status, click Snooze your listing.
- Select your reason for snoozing from the drop-down menu.
- Indicate whether you want your property to remain open for bookings beyond the snooze period.
- Select your snooze start date.
- If you want your property to remain open for bookings beyond the snooze period, select your snooze end date. If you don’t want your property to remain open for bookings beyond the snooze period, select a reminder date so we can remind you to un-snooze.
- Click Next to confirm and save your snooze settings.
How to un-snooze and reopen your property
Your property will be open and bookable after your selected snooze end date. But you can also un-snooze it anytime before that date. When your property is snoozed, you’ll see a permanent banner on the Extranet inviting you to un-snooze. To un-snooze your property, click the banner and then Reopen and go to calendar. You can then open up availability in your calendar.
If you set a reminder date instead of a snooze end date, you’ll receive an email on that date inviting you to either reopen your listing or extend your snooze.
Your Rates & Availability