Pausing your listing temporarily
Your availability can be impacted by a variety of factors, which makes flexibility an important part of our product offerings. One of our solutions to make it easier for you to manage your relationship with us is the snooze function, which allows you to suspend (or “snooze”) your property listing on our platform for as long as you need to.
In this article
What happens when your property is snoozed
You won’t be able to receive any bookings on the dates your property is snoozed – this is called a snooze period. When setting up a snooze period, you can either set an end date or leave it open-ended. In the latter case, we’ll ask you to choose a date for us to remind you to un-snooze and reopen your property. We’ll also add a message to your listing informing guests that your property can’t be booked at this time.
During a snooze period:
- Travelers can still see your property
- Travelers can make bookings on dates outside your snooze period
- Your memberships in Genius and Preferred aren’t impacted
- You can make changes to your property settings as usual
Keep in mind:
- Any existing bookings and outstanding invoices still have to be honored while your property is snoozed
- Because your property isn’t bookable, snoozing can affect your ranking
- Any setting changes you make to dates within your snooze period won’t make those dates bookable unless you un-snooze
Snoozing your property listing
To snooze your property, follow these steps:
- Log in to the Extranet.
- Click Property , then General info
- Click Snooze your listing
- Select your reason for snoozing from the drop-down menu and indicate whether you want your property to remain open for bookings after the snooze period
- Select your snooze start date
- If you want your property to remain open for bookings after the snooze period, select your snooze end date. If you don’t want your property to remain open for bookings after the snooze period, select the date when you’d like us to remind you to unsnooze
- Check the box to confirm that you’ll honor any upcoming bookings you still have, or click Contact our support team if you can’t honor them
- Click Next to confirm and save your snooze settings
Unsnoozing and reopening your property
Your property will automatically reopen for bookings after your chosen snooze end date if you chose this option. If you didn’t opt to open after the snooze, we won’t automatically reopen your property.
You always have the option of unsnoozing your listing anytime before your selected end date. When your property is snoozed, you’ll see a permanent banner on the Extranet inviting you to un-snooze. To unsnooze your property, click Unsnooze now on the banner. You can then open availability in your calendar.
If you set a reminder date instead of a snooze end date, you’ll receive an email on that date inviting you to either reopen your listing or extend your snooze.
Your Rates & Availability
- Syncing your Booking.com calendar to third-party calendars
- Configuring auto-replenishment on closed rooms and units
- Copying your yearly rates to next year
- How do I update my rates and availability?
- How can I update my availability?
- Updating your rates and availability
- Pausing your listing temporarily
- Setting up dorm rooms
- Setting up “No arrivals” and “No departures” restrictions
- How can I set or update room rates for different occupancies?
- Changing a room or unit name
- How to add, open, close, and delete rooms or units
- Changing a room or unit type
- Setting up derived pricing
- How can I set up rate level occupancy?
- How can I add a rate to one or more room types?
- Changing the maximum guest occupancy for individual rooms or units
- Changing room facilities
- How do I set or update room rates for different occupancies?
- Adding or editing rates for rooms and units
- Upselling your rooms
- Can I combine discounts on rate plans and promotions?
- Setting up deals and promotions
- Adding and editing meal plan info
- Setting up a Secret Deal
- Setting up a Non-Refundable Rate
- Setting up a new rate plan
- Setting up Mobile Rates
- Selling meals as extras
- Creating meal plan packages for ryokans
- Adding or updating an existing policy to Flexible – 1 Day
- Activating the Limited-time Deal
- Setting up Early Booker and Last-Minute Deals
- Setting up Weekly Rate Plans
- Setting up Country Rates
- How to use the Genius free breakfast promotion
- Setting up a Basic Deal
- Changing dates for non-refundable bookings
- Setting up Flash Deals
- How to set up flexible children rates for your property
- Setting up US State Rates
- Understanding the Getaway Deal
- Setting up Monthly Rate Plans
- Setting up an Early Booker Rate Plan