Syncing your Booking.com calendar to third-party calendars
To stay on top of all your reservations and avoid double-bookings, you can sync your Booking.com calendar with other third-party calendars. You should import reservations from other platforms and export your Booking.com reservations and closed dates to those platforms. We recommend doing both to avoid having to manually block off dates in all your calendars.
If you're new to Booking.com, we recommend doing this before your property opens for bookings on our platform. Just remember that calendars aren’t synced in real time, so individual reservations made on other platforms won’t sync instantly with your Booking.com calendar, and vice versa.
In this article
Calendar syncing isn’t available for all property types. To import or export calendars, your property needs to have 20 room types or less, and a maximum of one unit per room type. Your property also can’t use XML connectivity services like property management systems or channel managers.
To see if it’s available to you, log in to the Extranet and click Rates & Availability. If your property is eligible for this feature, you’ll see Sync calendars in the drop-down menu.
Synchronizing your calendars across channels
Importing third-party calendars is useful if you work with other online channels and want to both import and sync another calendar with your Booking.com calendar. To make sure your availability is consistent across channels, we recommend exporting your Booking.com calendar to your third-party calendars as well. Be sure to have your third-party calendar open while you do this.
Here’s how to sync your calendars across channels:
- Log in to the Extranet.
- Depending on your view on the Extranet, click either Rates & Availability then Calendar, or click Calendar & Pricing.
- Click Sync calendars.
- Click Add calendar connection, then add the link to the third-party calendar you want to import reservations from. Give the calendar connection a name—if connecting to Airbnb you might call it “Airbnb”—then click Next step. You can also click Skip this step if you want to go straight to exporting your calendar. You can come back and import the third-party calendar later by clicking Complete set-up on the Sync calendars page.
- To export your Booking.com calendar, copy your Booking.com calendar link by clicking Copy link, then paste it into the relevant field on your third-party calendar (e.g. on Airbnb’s calendar syncing page). Under Export options, select whether you want to export only your Booked dates only or both Booked and closed dates. You can also choose to Skip export. You can export your Booking.com calendar anytime by clicking Complete set-up on the Sync calendars page.
- Once you do this, you can go back to the Extranet and click Done.
You’ll see the status as Activating while the connection is being set up. Once your calendars are synced, the status will change to OK. You’ll be able to see an overview of your calendar connections whenever you return to the Sync calendars page.
We automatically import any synced calendars, but you can manually sync your imported calendars by clicking Import now. To remove the imported calendar and stop syncing, click Remove.
Your Rates & Availability
- Syncing your Booking.com calendar to third-party calendars
- Configuring auto-replenishment on closed rooms and units
- Copying your yearly rates to next year
- How do I update my rates and availability?
- How can I update my availability?
- Updating your rates and availability
- Pausing your listing temporarily
- Supporting refugees from Ukraine
- Setting up dorm rooms
- Setting up “No arrivals” and “No departures” restrictions
- How can I set or update room rates for different occupancies?
- Changing a room or unit name
- How to add, open, close, and delete rooms or units
- Changing a room or unit type
- Setting up derived pricing
- How can I set up rate level occupancy?
- How can I add a rate to one or more room types?
- Changing the maximum guest occupancy for individual rooms or units
- Changing room facilities
- Setting up and updating pricing per guest
- Adding or editing rates for rooms and units
- Upselling your rooms
- Combining discounts from different rate plans and promotions
- Setting up deals and promotions
- Adding and editing meal plan info
- Setting up a Secret Deal
- Setting up a Non-Refundable Rate
- Setting up a new rate plan
- Setting up Mobile Rates
- Creating meal plan packages for ryokans
- Adding or updating an existing policy to Flexible – 1 Day
- Activating the Limited-time Deal
- Setting up Early Booker and Last-Minute Deals
- Setting up Weekly Rate Plans
- Setting up Country Rates
- How to use the Genius free breakfast promotion
- Setting up a Basic Deal
- Changing dates for non-refundable bookings
- Setting up Flash Deals
- How to set up flexible children rates for your property
- Setting up US State Rates
- Understanding the Getaway Deal
- Setting up Monthly Rate Plans
- Understanding long-stay policies
- Setting up an Early Booker Rate Plan
- Setting up Black Friday Deals
- Setting up Early 2022 Deals
- Flexible children rates – per-child pricing explained
- Using your availability, rate plans, and policies to increase bookings
- Setting up a protected rate