How can I set up individual beds in a dormitory room?
Note: This article explains how to set up individually bookable beds in a dormitory room. If you want to know how to set up a dormitory room that a guest can book privately as a whole room, read this article.
To set up individual beds in a dormitory room:
- Click on the Property tab on the Extranet and select Room Details.
- Click on Create a new room.
- Under Room type, select Bed in Dorm Room. A gray banner will appear that says: Bed in Dormitory: Guests can book individual beds within a shared room.
- Under Bed name, select the type of dormitory the bed is found in.
- Under Number of beds (of this type), make sure the number of beds selected matches the number of beds available in the room (to avoid overbookings).
- Under Bed options, select the maximum number of guests that can sleep in the bed.
- Under What kind of bed is it?, select the appropriate bed type.*
- Click on Continue to finalized create the individually bookable beds in the dormitory.
As soon as the bed-in-a-dormitory-room type is created, it can take a few hours (max. 48 hours) for the room to show on Booking.com.
* We consider a standard bunk bed to be suitable for sleeping 1 guest. If you have wider bunk beds that sleep 2 guests, select Full bed(s) from the drop-down menu. Double bunk bed is not an option on the Extranet.
Your Rates & Availability