It's easy to close a room/unit for bookings on specific dates. See which screenshot below matches what you see on the Extranet, then follow the corresponding steps.
If using the List view calendar, follow these steps:
- Log in to the Extranet and click Calendar under Rates & Availability.
- To open or close individual dates, click the date (which is green if open/bookable or red if closed/unbookable).
- If you click a red (unbookable) date, the color will change to green and become open/bookable for that specific date. If you click a green (open/bookable) date, the color will change to red and close for that specific date. Changes are saved automatically.
To make changes for longer periods:
- Click the Bulk edit button.
- A panel will appear on the right side of your screen. Select the dates you want to open/close, then click Room status.
- Select Open room or Close room, then Save changes when you’re done.
- You can also make bulk changes to your availability, restrictions, and prices.
FYI – There can be many reasons why your room isn't bookable on Booking.com for a specific date, including:
- Manually closed room → Red Closed label
- You entered the value "0" for the number of rooms to sell → Red No inventory label
- You sold all the rooms loaded onto the calendar → Red Sold out label
- No loaded prices → Red No price label
- All your rate plans are closed/inactive → Red Rate closed label
- Combination of all above issues → Red Multiple blockers label
If using the Monthly view calendar, follow these steps:
- Log in to the Extranet and select the Calendar & Pricing or Rates & Availability tab.
- Click the room/unit you’d like to update (on the upper left-hand side).
- Enter your desired dates in Start date and End date, or select the period directly in the calendar (on the right side).
- Under Open or close for bookings, click Open or Close, then Save when you’re done.
- If you choose Open, the field will turn green and the room will become bookable for that period.
- If you choose Close, the field will turn red and the room will no longer be bookable.