Adding or updating an existing policy to Flexible – 1 Day
With travelers wanting the option to adapt their plans in case unforeseen circumstances prevent them from traveling, flexibility is crucial. A great way to stand out to these travelers is by offering flexible cancellation policies. Adding a new, more flexible policy or updating an existing policy to make it more flexible can help you secure more bookings in times of low demand and high uncertainty.
In this article
Flexible – 1 Day policy
The Flexible – 1 Day policy is a great way to offer guests the most flexibility you can. This policy allows guests to cancel for free up to one day before their arrival date. If they cancel within one day of arrival, they’ll be charged the cost of the first night.
You can add a new policy or edit an existing one to become Flexible – 1 Day. For example, if you already offer a rate plan with free cancellation seven days in advance, you can edit this on the Rate Plans page to make it Flexible – 1 Day. This extends the cancellation period up to the day before check-in. Once you do this, you’ll also start appearing in the search results for people looking for more flexible policies, which will make your property visible and attractive to more travelers. Your rate plans that don't offer a free cancellation policy—for example, non-refundable bookings—will stay as they are, which helps you appeal to a diverse range of travelers in the future.
Adding a new Flexible – 1 Day rate plan
- Log in to the Extranet
- Click Rates & Availability or Calendar & Pricing, then Rate Plans
- Select Add a new rate plan
- Under Flexible, click Add rate plan
- Select Flexible – 1 Day as the cancellation policy you want for this rate plan. If you don’t see this option, check if you have this policy type set up on your policies page
- Define the other features of your rate plan
- Click Review, then Activate rate plan to finalize
Editing your existing rate plans
- Log in to the Extranet
- Click Rates & Availability, then select Rate Plans
- Select the existing rate plan you want to make more flexible and click Edit
- Next to Policy, click Edit
- Select Flexible – 1 Day and click Save. If you don’t see this option, check if you have this set up on your policies page
It can take up to 30 minutes for your rates to be updated. If you use a connectivity provider or channel manager, your updated rate plan will be synchronized there as well.
Your Rates & Availability
- Syncing your Booking.com calendar to third-party calendars
- Configuring auto-replenishment on closed rooms and units
- A step-by-step visual guide for adding restrictions to availability
- Copying your yearly rates to next year
- A step-by-step visual guide for updating your availability
- How do I update my rates and availability?
- How can I update my availability?
- Updating your rates and availability
- Pausing your listing temporarily
- Setting up dorm rooms
- Setting up “No arrivals” and “No departures” restrictions
- How can I set or update room rates for different occupancies?
- Changing a room or unit name
- How to add, open, close, and delete rooms or units
- Changing a room or unit type
- Setting up derived pricing
- How can I set up rate level occupancy?
- How can I add a rate to one or more room types?
- Changing the maximum guest occupancy for individual rooms or units
- Changing room facilities
- How do I set or update room rates for different occupancies?
- Adding or editing rates for rooms and units
- Upselling your rooms
- Can I combine discounts on rate plans and promotions?
- Setting up deals and promotions
- Adding and editing meal plan info
- Setting up a Secret Deal
- Setting up a Non-Refundable Rate
- Setting up a new rate plan
- Setting up Mobile Rates
- Selling meals as extras
- Creating meal plan packages for ryokans
- Adding or updating an existing policy to Flexible – 1 Day
- Activating the Limited-time Deal
- Setting up Early Booker and Last-Minute Deals
- Setting up Weekly or Monthly Rate Plans
- Setting up Country Rates
- How to use the Genius free breakfast promotion
- Setting up a Basic Deal
- Changing dates for non-refundable bookings
- Setting up Flash Deals
- Setting up US State Rates