Can I combine discounts on rate plans and promotions?
To build a diverse pricing strategy, you need to use three components: rate plans, targeted rates, and promotions. On Booking.com, you can combine (or “stack”) these in different ways.
We created a useful overview of which components you can stack together and those that only allow one discount:
Here’s how it works:
- Rate plans are permanent and visible to all guests. When you offer extra discounts, they’re applied to your rate plans.
- Targeted rates offer a discount to certain types of guests. They can be temporary or permanent, depending on your business goals. Discounts for some targeted rates also stack together. For example, Genius discounts can stack with Country Rate discounts.
- Promotions are temporary and can offer a discount to either all eligible guests or just certain types. If you have multiple active promotions and a guest is eligible for more than one, the promotion with the highest discount will be offered.
- Certain targeted rates and promotions can also be combined, so you can offer a cumulative discount to eligible guests.
See the overview above to check which components stack together, or check out the examples below:
I offer a flexible rate plan and a non-refundable rate plan to guests. I also activated a Last-Minute Deal. How will the discount for the Last-Minute Deal be applied?
The discount for the Last-Minute Deal will apply to all your rate plans and will be visible to all eligible guests.
I offer a flexible rate plan to guests. I’m also a Genius partner and activated a Public Country Rate. Which discount will be offered to guests?
The standard Genius discount (10%) will only be offered to eligible Genius guests, while the Public Country Rate will be offered to guests from the country you’re targeting. If a guest is eligible for both, they’ll receive both because these discounts stack together.
I offer a non-refundable rate plan to guests. I also activated a Genius Country Rate and an Early Booker Deal. Which discount will be offered to guests?
The Genius Country Rate will only be offered to Genius guests from the country you’re targeting. Guests from other countries will only be offered the Early Booker discount if they book within the window. If a guest is eligible for both, they’ll be offered both because these discounts stack together.
I’m a Genius partner and have activated Genius Dynamic Pricing. Which discount will be offered to guests?
Genius Dynamic Pricing is built on a sophisticated demand-driven model that looks at a variety of factors to help set up your Genius discounts more effectively. Based on the likelihood that you’ll reach your occupancy targets for your property, the model automatically adjusts your Genius discounts within the discount range you set. The model will override your standard Genius discount to help you secure maximum occupancy and increase revenue.
Want to save your own copy of the Pricing stack overview for later reference?
Your Rates & Availability
- How do I connect my Booking.com calendar to other calendars?
- Configuring auto-replenishment on closed rooms and units
- A step-by-step visual guide for adding restrictions to availability
- How do I copy my rates over to the next year?
- A step-by-step visual guide for updating your availability
- How do I update my rates and availability?
- How can I update my availability?
- A step-by-step guide for loading rates availability
- How to update your calendar availability
- How to temporarily pause your listing
- Setting up dorm rooms
- How can I set up a dorm room for private bookings?
- Setting up “No arrivals” and “No departures” restrictions
- Tips for spotting and correcting unintentional price differences
- How can I set or update room rates for different occupancies?
- How do I change a room name or add custom names?
- How to add, open, close, and delete rooms or units
- Can I change a room type to better explain its features and sell more?
- Setting up derived pricing
- How can I set up rate level occupancy?
- How can I add a rate to one or more room types?
- How do I change the maximum guest occupancy for individual rooms or units?
- How do I change facilities for a room or unit?
- How do I set or update room rates for different occupancies?
- How can I add a rate to one or more room types?
- How do I check if guests can book my property on Booking.com?
- How to upsell your rooms
- Can I combine discounts on rate plans and promotions?
- Setting up deals and promotions
- How do I add or make changes to a meal plan (breakfast, lunch, dinner)?
- What’s a Secret Deal?
- Setting up a non-refundable rate
- Setting up a new Rate Plan
- Setting up Mobile Rates
- What is changing with the way meal plans are sold on Booking.com?
- Creating meal plan packages for ryokans
- How to convert rate plan policies to Flexible – 1 Day
- What is the Limited-time Deal?
- How to activate the Travel Offer promotion
- Attract more guests with Early Booker and Last Minute deals
- Setting up Weekly or Monthly Rate Plans
- Setting up Country Rates
- How to use the Genius free breakfast promotion
- What is a Basic Deal?