Can I combine discounts on rate plans and promotions?
To build a diverse pricing strategy, you need to use three components: rate plans, targeted rates, and promotions. On Booking.com, you can combine (or “stack”) these in different ways.
We created a useful overview of which components you can stack together and those that only allow one discount:
Here’s how it works:
- Rate plans are permanent and visible to all guests. When you offer extra discounts, they’re applied to your rate plans.
- Targeted rates offer a discount to certain types of guests. They can be temporary or permanent, depending on your business goals. Discounts for some targeted rates also stack together. For example, Genius discounts can stack with Country Rate discounts.
- Promotions are temporary and can offer a discount to either all eligible guests or just certain types. If you have multiple active promotions and a guest is eligible for more than one, the promotion with the highest discount will be offered.
- Certain targeted rates and promotions can also be combined, so you can offer a cumulative discount to eligible guests.
See the overview above to check which components stack together, or check out the examples below:
I offer a flexible rate plan and a non-refundable rate plan to guests. I also activated a Last-Minute Deal. How will the discount for the Last-Minute Deal be applied?
The discount for the Last-Minute Deal will apply to all your rate plans and will be visible to all eligible guests.
I offer a flexible rate plan to guests. I’m also a Genius partner and activated a Public Country Rate. Which discount will be offered to guests?
The standard Genius discount (10%) will only be offered to eligible Genius guests, while the Public Country Rate will be offered to guests from the country you’re targeting. If a guest is eligible for both, they’ll receive both because these discounts stack together.
I offer a non-refundable rate plan to guests. I also activated a Genius Country Rate and an Early Booker Deal. Which discount will be offered to guests?
The Genius Country Rate will only be offered to Genius guests from the country you’re targeting. Guests from other countries will only be offered the Early Booker discount if they book within the window. If a guest is eligible for both, they’ll be offered both because these discounts stack together.
I’m a Genius partner and have activated Genius Dynamic Pricing. Which discount will be offered to guests?
Genius Dynamic Pricing is built on a sophisticated demand-driven model that looks at a variety of factors to help set up your Genius discounts more effectively. Based on the likelihood that you’ll reach your occupancy targets for your property, the model automatically adjusts your Genius discounts within the discount range you set. The model will override your standard Genius discount to help you secure maximum occupancy and increase revenue.
Want to save your own copy of the Pricing stack overview for later reference?
Your Rates & Availability
- Syncing your Booking.com calendar to third-party calendars
- Configuring auto-replenishment on closed rooms and units
- Copying your yearly rates to next year
- How do I update my rates and availability?
- How can I update my availability?
- Updating your rates and availability
- Pausing your listing temporarily
- Setting up dorm rooms
- Setting up “No arrivals” and “No departures” restrictions
- How can I set or update room rates for different occupancies?
- Changing a room or unit name
- How to add, open, close, and delete rooms or units
- Changing a room or unit type
- Setting up derived pricing
- How can I set up rate level occupancy?
- How can I add a rate to one or more room types?
- Changing the maximum guest occupancy for individual rooms or units
- Changing room facilities
- How do I set or update room rates for different occupancies?
- Adding or editing rates for rooms and units
- Upselling your rooms
- Can I combine discounts on rate plans and promotions?
- Setting up deals and promotions
- Adding and editing meal plan info
- Setting up a Secret Deal
- Setting up a Non-Refundable Rate
- Setting up a new rate plan
- Setting up Mobile Rates
- Selling meals as extras
- Creating meal plan packages for ryokans
- Adding or updating an existing policy to Flexible – 1 Day
- Activating the Limited-time Deal
- Setting up Early Booker and Last-Minute Deals
- Setting up Weekly Rate Plans
- Setting up Country Rates
- How to use the Genius free breakfast promotion
- Setting up a Basic Deal
- Changing dates for non-refundable bookings
- Setting up Flash Deals
- How to set up flexible children rates for your property
- Setting up US State Rates
- Understanding the Getaway Deal
- Setting up Monthly Rate Plans
- Setting up an Early Booker Rate Plan