Creating meal plan packages for ryokans
Ryokan accommodations on Booking.com have the option of adding multiple meal plan packages on the Extranet and attaching them directly to rate plans, providing guests with unique pricing and detailed food info.
These meal plans can contain pictures as well as details about serving times, areas, and dishes.
With this solution, guests can now book with more confidence knowing the extent of their available options, and enjoy the different offerings from ryokans.
How do I set up a ryokan meal plan?
Go to the meal package page on the Extranet.
Create a meal or multiple meals on this page – you can choose from breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner. You should also add a descriptive meal title (e.g. Western breakfast buffet, Shabu Shabu beef dinner, etc.).
Attach the created meal(s) to a meal plan package and give it a descriptive name (e.g. Shabu beef dinner package, Breakfast buffet package, etc.).
Next, go to the rate plan page to attach your new meal plan package.
Choose an existing rate plan and change the meal option to your new meal plan package, OR: Create a new rate plan and attach your meal plan package.
If you create a new rate plan, go to the calendar to add availability and pricing to your new meal plan.
It can take up to 1 hour for the new meal plan to show up on the guest-facing website.
This is currently only available for Japanese-language properties and guests.
Your Rates & Availability
- Syncing your Booking.com calendar to third-party calendars
- Configuring auto-replenishment on closed rooms and units
- Copying your yearly rates to next year
- How do I update my rates and availability?
- How can I update my availability?
- Updating your rates and availability
- Pausing your listing temporarily
- Supporting refugees from Ukraine
- Setting up dorm rooms
- Setting up “No arrivals” and “No departures” restrictions
- How can I set or update room rates for different occupancies?
- Changing a room or unit name
- How to add, open, close, and delete rooms or units
- Changing a room or unit type
- Setting up derived pricing
- How can I set up rate level occupancy?
- How can I add a rate to one or more room types?
- Changing the maximum guest occupancy for individual rooms or units
- Changing room facilities
- Setting up and updating pricing per guest
- Adding or editing rates for rooms and units
- Upselling your rooms
- Combining discounts from different rate plans and promotions
- Setting up deals and promotions
- Adding and editing meal plan info
- Setting up a Secret Deal
- Setting up a Non-Refundable Rate
- Setting up a new rate plan
- Setting up Mobile Rates
- Creating meal plan packages for ryokans
- Adding or updating an existing policy to Flexible – 1 Day
- Activating the Limited-time Deal
- Setting up Early Booker and Last-Minute Deals
- Setting up Weekly Rate Plans
- Setting up Country Rates
- How to use the Genius free breakfast promotion
- Setting up a Basic Deal
- Changing dates for non-refundable bookings
- Setting up Flash Deals
- How to set up flexible children rates for your property
- Setting up US State Rates
- Understanding the Getaway Deal
- Setting up Monthly Rate Plans
- Understanding long-stay policies
- Setting up an Early Booker Rate Plan
- Setting up Early 2022 Deals
- Flexible children rates – per-child pricing explained
- Using your availability, rate plans, and policies to increase bookings
- Setting up a protected rate
- Late Escape Deal promotion