How to use the Genius free breakfast promotion
As a Genius partner, you have access to promotions that optimize your visibility to select audiences, such as a free breakfast opportunity. Our research shows that guests perceive the value of breakfast to be higher than its actual cost Applying this promotion to your rooms or units helps you to stand out to more Genius users, increase bookings, and improve guest satisfaction.
In this article
Applying the promotion with room-only rates
If you offer room-only rates, we’ll show Genius Level 2 and 3 travelers your room-only rate with free breakfast included. This offer won’t be visible to other travelers.
However, we still recommend adding a breakfast price, so we can make sure your promotion stays visible if your room-only rate isn’t available.
Displaying the promotion with rates that include breakfast
If you don’t have any room-only rates available, we’ll apply the promotion to your breakfast-included rate. You’ll need to set a breakfast price and we’ll deduct this from your breakfast-included rate. We’ll never deduct more than 10% from your regular rate.
The discounted rate will be shown exclusively to Genius Level 2 and 3 travelers.
How to add a breakfast price
Adding a breakfast price won’t affect any free breakfast promotion you’re offering on your room-only rates. Here’s how to add it:
- Log in to the Extranet
- Click Property, then Facilities & services
- Select Yes under Meals
- Tick the box next to Breakfast
- Enter the price per person per day under Price through Booking.com
- Click Save
How to activate the free breakfast promotion
If you already have Genius activated, it’s easy to set up the free breakfast promotion on the Extranet. Follow these steps:
- Log in to the Extranet
- Click Opportunities, then Genius partner program
- Click Value-adds, then Free breakfast
- Select the rooms you want to offer the promotion on
- Set the breakfast price. If you’ve already set your price, this will be filled out automatically
- You can also pause the offer for a specific period of time in Advanced settings
- Save by clicking Activate promotion
Tracking and managing your promotion
You can track the performance of your free breakfast promotion on the Extranet. You’ll be able to see your upcoming and completed bookings made using the promotion, and also to edit the promotion set-up.
You can also select the dates you want the free breakfast promotion to be available for in the calendar.
Your Rates & Availability
- Syncing your Booking.com calendar to third-party calendars
- Configuring auto-replenishment on closed rooms and units
- Copying your yearly rates to next year
- How do I update my rates and availability?
- How can I update my availability?
- Updating your rates and availability
- Pausing your listing temporarily
- Setting up dorm rooms
- Setting up “No arrivals” and “No departures” restrictions
- How can I set or update room rates for different occupancies?
- Changing a room or unit name
- How to add, open, close, and delete rooms or units
- Changing a room or unit type
- Setting up derived pricing
- How can I set up rate level occupancy?
- How can I add a rate to one or more room types?
- Changing the maximum guest occupancy for individual rooms or units
- Changing room facilities
- How do I set or update room rates for different occupancies?
- Adding or editing rates for rooms and units
- Upselling your rooms
- Can I combine discounts on rate plans and promotions?
- Setting up deals and promotions
- Adding and editing meal plan info
- Setting up a Secret Deal
- Setting up a Non-Refundable Rate
- Setting up a new rate plan
- Setting up Mobile Rates
- Selling meals as extras
- Creating meal plan packages for ryokans
- Adding or updating an existing policy to Flexible – 1 Day
- Activating the Limited-time Deal
- Setting up Early Booker and Last-Minute Deals
- Setting up Weekly Rate Plans
- Setting up Country Rates
- How to use the Genius free breakfast promotion
- Setting up a Basic Deal
- Changing dates for non-refundable bookings
- Setting up Flash Deals
- How to set up flexible children rates for your property
- Setting up US State Rates
- Understanding the Getaway Deal
- Setting up Monthly Rate Plans
- Setting up an Early Booker Rate Plan