Setting up deals and promotions
Deals and promotions are a great way to attract customers and drive more bookings. You can create different kinds of promotions and deals such as: Free Nights Deal, Last-Minute Deal, Early Booker Deal, Basic Deal, and Secret Deal.
In this article
Free Nights Deal: You can offer guests one or more free nights when they book a specific number of nights. You can choose how many paid nights a guest needs to book in order to receive the free night. This promotion helps you appeal to more potential guests and increase the length of stays at your property.
Last-Minute Deal: This promotion gives last-minute bookers an attractive discount. It helps you attract late-booking travelers throughout the season and can also give you a quick occupancy boost when you need it. We recommend setting up Last-Minute Deals with a maximum booking window of seven days before check-in.
Early Booker deal: This promotion helps you to attract travelers who book far in advance. It’s a great way to get ahead by securing bookings well before a busier season.
Basic Deal: These exclusive deals are only visible to people who have Booking.com accounts or subscribe to our newsletter. We use a “Secret Deal” badge to help travelers identify these promotions on our platform. You have the option of setting up the Basic, Early Booker, and Last-Minute Deals as Secret Deals.
Travel Offer: These are seasonal promotions designed to attract guests using strategic discounts, which receive high visibility on multiple marketing platforms. We make different campaigns available at different times of the year, like the Black Friday Sale and Early 2021 Deal. Minimum discounts vary depending on the country or region.
Limited-Time Deal: This is an easy way to temporarily improve your visibility and quickly increase occupancy when you need to. You can activate the Limited-Time Deal if you have a guest review score of 7 or higher. When you do, we'll boost your ranking so you appear at the top of search results for your area.
You can set these up yourself in a few easy steps:
- Log in to the Extranet and click the Promotions tab
- Choose from one of our ready-made campaigns or create your own customized deal, then click Set up promotion
- Enter the details for your promotion or deal, and give it a name if you want
- Click Review your promotion once you fill everything out
- Click Activate to finalize and set up the promotion
- After a few minutes, your new deal will show up on the Calendar & pricing page in the Rates & Availability section
Your new deal will be active for the dates you selected while setting it up. It will automatically copy the policies and restrictions from your standard rate. For example, if your standard room rate includes breakfast or is non-refundable, your new deal will be too. If you want to create a deal that doesn’t include a meal plan, the easiest way to do so is to edit your standard rate.
To see which deals you’re currently offering and the dates when they can be booked, click the Promotions tab.
During peak or holiday seasons, you may want to apply the same deal for multiple properties or your entire portfolio. To do this, you need an Extranet group account. If you manage multiple properties and want to set up a group Extranet account, contact us via the Extranet inbox and we’ll help you out.
If you have a group Extranet account, here’s how to set up the same deal for multiple properties:
- Log in to the Extranet for any of your properties
- Click the Promotions tab, then Add new promotion
- Select the relevant promotion under Seasonal promotions, then click Set up for multiple properties
- Review the settings for your new promotion, then click Edit to make changes or Next to continue
- Select the properties, rooms, and rates that the promotion should apply to, then click Next
- Click Apply to selected to finalize
If you created a deal under the Promotions tab, here’s how to remove it:
- Log in to the Extranet.
- Click the Promotions tab
- Choose the deal you want to remove and click Deactivate
If you created a deal under the Rate Plans tab, here’s how to remove it:
- Log in to the Extranet.
- Click the Rates & Availability tab, then Rate plans
- Click “Delete” below the deal you want to remove
Once you remove a deal or promotion, it will no longer be available for travelers to book, but you’ll still be able to see it on the Extranet. If you want to start offering it again, first click Inactive promotions, then Reactivate next to it.
Your Rates & Availability