Setting up Flash Deals
Flash Deals are a type of promotion designed to encourage travelers to book discounted stays quickly and in the moment. They happen once every two weeks on fixed days for just 36 hours. During this time period, travelers can get at least a 30% discount on select rooms and rates at your property, and we extensively promote these deals on various marketing channels. Flash Deals are a great way to boost visibility and attract new demand in a short period of time.
In this article
How Flash Deals work
- Flash Deals run once every two weeks for only 36 hours.
- You can set up a new Flash Deal for as many two-week periods as you want, or you can save time by setting up multiple Flash Deals at once, for up to three months in total (six Flash Deals)
- When you set up a Flash Deal, you need to offer a minimum discount of 30% in order to give travelers a compelling reason to book at short notice. You can choose which specific rooms and rate plans this discount applies to. Your Flash Deal discount won’t stack with any other promotions you offer on our platform, including Genius.
- Potential guests will be able to book these discounted rates for stays until August 13, 2022.
The benefits of Flash Deals
Due to their limited nature, Flash Deals create spontaneity and excitement to book. But because travelers can book stays for anytime between July 2021 and August 13, 2022, this promotion still offers a degree of flexibility that’s especially important for travelers booking now. This in turn helps you meet both immediate and future occupancy needs.
We focus on promoting this campaign heavily each month through various marketing channels, including social media, email, and banners across our platform. That means offering a Flash Deal can give you a fast and valuable surge in bookings, including from new guests.
Setting up Flash Deals
Follow these steps to set up Flash Deals:
- Log on to the Extranet
- Click Promotions
- Click Choose new promotion
- Next to Flash Deal, click Add promotion
- Set up the details of the Flash Deal, then click Review your promotion
Your Rates & Availability
- Syncing your Booking.com calendar to third-party calendars
- Configuring auto-replenishment on closed rooms and units
- Copying your yearly rates to next year
- How do I update my rates and availability?
- How can I update my availability?
- Updating your rates and availability
- Pausing your listing temporarily
- Supporting refugees from Ukraine
- Setting up dorm rooms
- Setting up “No arrivals” and “No departures” restrictions
- How can I set or update room rates for different occupancies?
- Changing a room or unit name
- How to add, open, close, and delete rooms or units
- Changing a room or unit type
- Setting up derived pricing
- How can I set up rate level occupancy?
- How can I add a rate to one or more room types?
- Changing the maximum guest occupancy for individual rooms or units
- Changing room facilities
- Setting up and updating pricing per guest
- Adding or editing rates for rooms and units
- Upselling your rooms
- Combining discounts from different rate plans and promotions
- Setting up deals and promotions
- Adding and editing meal plan info
- Setting up a Secret Deal
- Setting up a Non-Refundable Rate
- Setting up a new rate plan
- Setting up Mobile Rates
- Creating meal plan packages for ryokans
- Adding or updating an existing policy to Flexible – 1 Day
- Activating the Limited-time Deal
- Setting up Early Booker and Last-Minute Deals
- Setting up Weekly Rate Plans
- Setting up Country Rates
- How to use the Genius free breakfast promotion
- Setting up a Basic Deal
- Changing dates for non-refundable bookings
- Setting up Flash Deals
- How to set up flexible children rates for your property
- Setting up US State Rates
- Understanding the Getaway Deal
- Setting up Monthly Rate Plans
- Understanding long-stay policies
- Setting up an Early Booker Rate Plan
- Setting up Early 2022 Deals
- Flexible children rates – per-child pricing explained
- Using your availability, rate plans, and policies to increase bookings
- Setting up a protected rate
- Late Escape Deal promotion