Setting up US State Rates
Capture domestic demand from travelers in any of the 50 states.
In this article
Understanding US State Rates
US State Rates can help you attract travelers in your home state, those driving in from neighboring states, and long-distance fly-in visitors. This discount is only visible to people using our platform in the states that you want to target. US State Rates are active throughout the year, but you can select up to 30 blocked dates per year when they don’t apply.
Activating US State Rates
Here’s how to set up US State Rates for your property:
- Log on to the Extranet
- Click Promotions, then Choose new promotion
- Under US State Rate of the Targeting section, click Add promotion
- Select the state(s) where you want to offer a US State Rate. We display the rates we recommend at the top of the list based on what we know about your property and its previous bookings.
- Enter the percentage discount you want to offer. You have to offer at least 5%. We recommend a minimum of 10%.
- Choose any check-in dates that you don’t want your US State Rate to apply to and click Review. If everything looks correct, click Activate.
Editing or deactivating US State Rates
You can always update your US State Rate settings or deactivate them so potential guests no longer see them. Here’s how to pause or edit your US State Rates:
- Log in to the Extranet
- Click Promotions, then click the name of the US State Rate you want to edit or deactivate to see its current settings
- Click Edit or Deactivate
- If you click Edit, you can update your percentage discount and/or any dates when you don’t want your US State Rate to apply, then click Review and Activate
If you click Deactivate, click Deactivate again to confirm
Your Rates & Availability
- Syncing your Booking.com calendar to third-party calendars
- Configuring auto-replenishment on closed rooms and units
- Copying your yearly rates to next year
- How do I update my rates and availability?
- How can I update my availability?
- Updating your rates and availability
- Pausing your listing temporarily
- Preparing your property for reopening
- Setting up dorm rooms
- How can I set or update room rates for different occupancies?
- Changing a room or unit name
- How to add, open, close, and delete rooms or units
- Changing a room or unit type
- Setting up derived pricing
- How can I set up rate level occupancy?
- Changing the maximum guest occupancy for individual rooms or units
- Changing room amenities
- Setting up or changing room rates
- Upselling your rooms
- Combining discounts from different rate plans and promotions
- Setting up deals and discounts
- Adding and editing meal plan info
- Setting up a Secret Deal
- Setting up a Non-Refundable Rate
- Setting up a new rate plan
- Setting up standard children rates
- Setting up Mobile Rates
- Creating meal plan packages for ryokans
- Adding or updating an existing policy to Flexible – 1 Day
- Activating the Limited-time Deal
- Setting up Early Booker and Last-Minute Deals
- Setting up Weekly Rate Plans
- Setting up Country Rates
- How to use the Genius free breakfast promotion
- Setting up a Basic Deal
- Changing dates for non-refundable bookings
- Setting up Flash Deals
- Setting up flexible children rates
- Setting up US State Rates
- Understanding the Getaway Deal for partners
- Setting up Monthly Rate Plans
- Understanding long-stay policies
- Setting up an Early Booker Rate Plan
- Setting up Early 2024 Deals
- Flexible children rates – per-child pricing explained
- Using your availability, rate plans, and policies to increase bookings
- Everything you need to know about the New Property Deal
- Setting up value adds
- Understanding Booking Sponsored Benefit
- Late Escape Deal
- Super Saver Deal: FAQ