Setting up Weekly Rate Plans
You can use Weekly Rate Plans to make the most of the increased demand we’re seeing for longer stays. This also offers you the opportunity to expand your customer base to include groups like business travelers, families, and domestic guests looking to stay longer.
To find out more about offering rates for longer stays, take a look at this Solutions page.
In this article
Understanding Weekly Rate Plans
To stand out to travelers who are looking to stay longer, you can create a new Rate Plan that offers a discount on your cheapest daily rate. Potential guests who search for stays of seven nights or longer will be able to see and book your new discounted rates.
Just like with other Rate Plans, you can customize the details of your Weekly Rate Plan, including:
- The cancellation policy
- Any meal plans that are included
- Which dates the rates are available for
- The discount amount
- The rooms or units the Rate Plan applies to
Keep in mind that the maximum length of stay travelers can book varies by region. To change the maximum length of stay you offer, take a look at this article. There may also be laws and regulations that affect longer stays in your region, which you can learn more about in this article.
Setting up a Weekly Rate Plan
Set up a Weekly Rate Plan by following these steps:
- Log in to the Extranet
- Click Rates & Availability, then Rate plans
- Click Add new rate plan
- Choose Weekly, then click Add rate plan
- On the next page, set up the details of your Rate Plan, then click Review
- Click Activate rate plan
If you work with a connectivity provider, you can also set rates and discounts for longer stays on their platform. To find out more about this, take a look at this article.
Your Rates & Availability
- Syncing your Booking.com calendar to third-party calendars
- Configuring auto-replenishment on closed rooms and units
- Copying your yearly rates to next year
- How do I update my rates and availability?
- How can I update my availability?
- Updating your rates and availability
- Pausing your listing temporarily
- Setting up dorm rooms
- How can I set or update room rates for different occupancies?
- Changing a room or unit name
- How to add, open, close, and delete rooms or units
- Changing a room or unit type
- Setting up derived pricing
- How can I set up rate level occupancy?
- How can I add a rate to one or more room types?
- Changing the maximum guest occupancy for individual rooms or units
- Changing room amenities
- Setting up and updating pricing per guest
- Setting up or changing room rates
- Upselling your rooms
- Combining discounts from different rate plans and promotions
- Setting up deals and discounts
- Adding and editing meal plan info
- Setting up a Secret Deal
- Setting up a Non-Refundable Rate
- Setting up a new rate plan
- Setting up standard children rates
- Setting up Mobile Rates
- Creating meal plan packages for ryokans
- Adding or updating an existing policy to Flexible – 1 Day
- Activating the Limited-time Deal
- Setting up Early Booker and Last-Minute Deals
- Setting up Weekly Rate Plans
- Setting up Country Rates
- How to use the Genius free breakfast promotion
- Setting up a Basic Deal
- Changing dates for non-refundable bookings
- Setting up Flash Deals
- Setting up flexible children rates
- Setting up US State Rates
- Understanding the Getaway Deal
- Setting up Monthly Rate Plans
- Understanding long-stay policies
- Setting up an Early Booker Rate Plan
- Setting up Early 2023 Deals
- Flexible children rates – per-child pricing explained
- Using your availability, rate plans, and policies to increase bookings
- Everything you need to know about the New Property Deal
- Setting up value adds
- Late Escape Deal
- Super Saver Deal: FAQ